Drunk Lady Warrior Belle. - Ch. 6.7 - Belle, a mercenary lady who enjoys unwinding with a drink after a long day's work.

Dex-chan lover
Her alcohol is what's stopping her from becoming a rampaging beast. Keep her sedated guys.

Dex-chan lover
This is chapter 6.7? What happened to 6.0? I get a notification that there is a gap between chapters.

Dex-chan lover
This is chapter 6.7? What happened to 6.0? I get a notification that there is a gap between chapters.
The uploader made the very questionable decision of combining both chapter 6 and 7 into a single chapter, presumably to avoid the hypothetical problem of breaking up the flow. Unfortunately, MangaDex doesn't allow marking a single chapter as, say, "Chapter 6-7", so it ends up becoming "Chapter 6.7" instead.

@vipguy64 you really should consider splitting the second page into its own chapter. Whatever concern it is that drove you to combine the two pages, it's honestly too minor to be an issue.

Dex-chan lover
The uploader made the very questionable decision of combining both chapter 6 and 7 into a single chapter, presumably to avoid the hypothetical problem of breaking up the flow. Unfortunately, MangaDex doesn't allow marking a single chapter as, say, "Chapter 6-7", so it ends up becoming "Chapter 6.7" instead.

@vipguy64 you really should consider splitting the second page into its own chapter. Whatever concern it is that drove you to combine the two pages, it's honestly too minor to be an issue.
Ah, I see. I agree. Same issue with "Chapter 9.10" it seems.

Staff
Super Moderator

@Jatopian
I and anyone else (in other languages) who'd upload chapter 6 and 9 by itself would break rule 1.2 by uploading raws since there's no text to translate in those chapters. Merging the chapters is a way to get around this. A note in the description was left about this. Also here's the exact wording of the rule we'd break:

Rule 1.2
Only scanlations (i.e. comics translated and edited into another language) and self-published original comics are allowed to be uploaded. Works with no text to translate, like artwork compilations, are not allowed. Scans of physical official releases or rips of digital official releases/webcomics from official sources, such as original releases (raws) or officially translated releases, are not allowed to be uploaded.

The only way the chapters could be legally uploaded by themselves is if we had permission from the author, Aihara Akito, to upload them. Contacting them to upload their work on a site that hosts free scanlations of one of their serialized manga, New Normal, wouldn't be smart.

Dex-chan lover
@Jatopian
I and anyone else (in other languages) who'd upload chapter 6 and 9 by itself would break rule 1.2 by uploading raws since there's no text to translate in those chapters. Merging the chapters is a way to get around this. A note in the description was left about this. Also here's the exact wording of the rule we'd break:

The only way the chapters could be legally uploaded by themselves is if we had permission from the author, Aihara Akito, to upload them. Contacting them to upload their work on a site that hosts free scanlations of one of their serialized manga, New Normal, wouldn't be smart.
Well damn, that sucks. That said, I've seen some manga have what I can call as "pseudo-uploads", in that the "chapters" are actually links to off-site pages; in many cases, they are direct links to the raw chapters on Twitter, Pixiv or wherever else they are being hosted. Here is an example.

EDIT: On a second reading, that rule you cited is referring to whole works, not to individual pages that are published intermittently in between multiple comic pages, as is the case with this series.

Staff
Super Moderator
Well damn, that sucks. That said, I've seen some manga have what I can call as "pseudo-uploads", in that the "chapters" are actually links to off-site pages; in many cases, they are direct links to the raw chapters on Twitter, Pixiv or wherever else they are being hosted. Here is an example.
Yeah I linked that series. I need to get around to linking for this series too. I could make a linked chapter in each language for the textless chapters. However for this series, Twitter marked the pages as sensitive because of the boobs. So, you can only see the Tweets if you're signed in, and if you're not signed in you get a blank page and no indication of the Tweet existing. Thus, we'd get a lot of complaints about a broken link. We can get away with them as Japanese chapters because most people would have them disabled and those who have them enabled would hopefully have a Twitter account.
EDIT: On a second reading, that rule you cited is referring to whole works, not to individual pages that are published intermittently in between multiple comic pages, as is the case with this series.
It applies to 1 page, textless chapters too. The author referred to each page as parts (aka chapters), so I couldn't get away with not marking each page as a chapter. Someone rightfully got on me for that. Also, a later chapter does actually have 2 pages since the Tweet had the 2 pages unlike previous ones. Hopefully, the author won't consider those 2 pages as 2 separate parts/chapters.

I know merging the chapters and having them have the weird number isn't ideal (since it'll tell you there's a missing chapter when you're in the reader), but it's the solution that was found unless someone wants to risk contacting the author.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread