Dungeon ga Arawarete 5-nen, 15-sai de Dungeon ni Idomu Koto ni Shita. - Ch. 1

Supporter
Seeing an line like "a bullied kid like you" from a teacher really strikes a chord.

After being with a number of the same classmates from K to 5th, my parents (mostly my mom) helped me find a different school to do attend for 6th grade. While I was never given such a similar direct line, it's just as true that the teachers at my school didn't attempt any sort of intervention against bullying.

Dex-chan lover
Dude decided to stand and skipped school, decided to go hash way a full of gamble, interesting, I will invest into this and see how it goes from there....

Dex-chan lover
Dude decided to stand and skipped school, decided to go hash way a full of gamble, interesting, I will invest into this and see how it goes from there....
Well like they said,

Go Big Or Go Home School!​

Dex-chan lover
What's the deal with the parents? It sounds pretty rough and unusual for both step-siblings to be neglected by both parents equally (typically you see the step-parent act harshly toward MC and/or the step-sibling being the favored child). And then MC says that he's still thankful for being born and for the money, while his 'father, the lawyer' did keep trying to get in touch with him. Are they really unloving or just always absent?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The premise isn’t new but the MC is likeable so I’ll be interested to see where this goes.

Kinda a strange dynamic for his harem to include his (step?) sister and his classmate… hopefully that comes together in a comedic way.

Group Leader
What's the deal with the parents? It sounds pretty rough (and unusual) for both step-siblings to be neglected by both parents equally. And then MC says that he's still thankful for being born and for the money, while his 'father, the lawyer' did keep trying to get in touch with him. Are they really unloving or just always absent?
It's a manga trope where the parents treat the kids with salutary neglect. They don't parent because society will judge them more upon their social standing than their parenting but get mad when the lack of guidance affects them personally/socially. They remarried because single parenting is stereotypically frowned upon in Japan.

Group Leader
Things I like:
Yuuta has a backbone and wants to walk his own path despite the adults trying to pigeonhole him into the bullied boy role.
There being a reasonable explanation for the step sister falling in love with him with the two of them forming a bond of being neglected by their parents and relying on each other.

Things I dislike:
It is quite tropey. Bullied boy, generic bully, adults not caring, rando female classmate secretly likes the MC, dungeon break setting.
Rules 2 and 3 of dungeon exploration are the same rule.

Dex-chan lover
With everyone being so shitty I have the sinking feeling that something bad is going to happen to the sister.

She has that "too precious" aura and feel like some harm will be inflicted to motivate MC... especially since i'm guessing the bully will be involved.

Dex-chan lover
The premise isn’t new but the MC is likeable so I’ll be interested to see where this goes.

Kinda a strange dynamic for his harem to include his (step?) sister and his classmate… hopefully that comes together in a comedic way.
Wait, so that was her in the beginning? I thought they looked similar but at the same time they didn’t.

Group Leader
Wait, so that was her in the beginning? I thought they looked similar but at the same time they didn’t.
Right? I had to go back and really compare them again since at the beginning of the chapter everyone looks years older not months. Probably something to do with leveling and stats.

Group Leader
With everyone being so shitty I have the sinking feeling that something bad is going to happen to the sister.

She has that "too precious" aura and feel like some harm will be inflicted to motivate MC... especially since i'm guessing the bully will be involved.
I'm guessing the bully and his cronies will try to SA the classmate and sister in the dungeon and they will be saved by the MC.

Dex-chan lover
I'm guessing the bully and his cronies will try to SA the classmate and sister in the dungeon and they will be saved by the MC.

My concern was them showing up while he's away dungeon-ing, but I didn't realize it was her in the beginning either.

One of the reasons why I hate school is bullied. Happens to me, happens to my friend, and it happens to others. I wish we had a law punishment for bullying. Especially a death sentence or jail for more than 30 years.
Is this how the average reader of Rooftop Sword Master views the world?

Dex-chan lover
It's a manga trope where the parents treat the kids with salutary neglect. They don't parent because society will judge them more upon their social standing than their parenting but get mad when the lack of guidance affects them personally/socially. They remarried because single parenting is stereotypically frowned upon in Japan.
Unfortunately, it is a trope because there are some really bad parents in Japan, and work situations which when combined with Japanese cultural expectations will easily lead to horrible absent parents. Lots of Manga tropes are things that are from the worst parts of what is common to happen in Japan.

Form glancing at the WN (Novel Updates lists a group as translating it, but my antivirus is blocking the translators site for malware concerns so just a quick MTL check) the I think both are workaholics, and likely more concerned their image and job then being a parent.
Seeing an line like "a bullied kid like you" from a teacher really strikes a chord.
It is bad in many places, but apparently much more so in Japan with most teachers turning a blind eye, part of why it is so common in Manga and WNs, the groups that tend to be write and read them are also the ones most likely to be a victim of bullying.

Group Leader
Unfortunately, it is a trope because there are some really bad parents in Japan, and work situations which when combined with Japanese cultural expectations will easily lead to horrible absent parents. Lots of Manga tropes are things that are from the worst parts of what is common to happen in Japan.

Form glancing at the WN (Novel Updates lists a group as translating it, but my antivirus is blocking the translators site for malware concerns so just a quick MTL check) the I think both are workaholics, and likely more concerned their image and job then being a parent.

It is bad in many places, but apparently much more so in Japan with most teachers turning a blind eye, part of why it is so common in Manga and WNs, the groups that tend to be write and read them are also the ones most likely to be a victim of bullying.
Yea I've viewed manga as a reflection to Japanese society that there must be truth behind the portrayal.

Not sure about other eastern cultures but Japan in particular is pretty bad in how they handle bullying. Even though they passed an anti-bullying law in I believe 2013 it's still rampant and increasing year on year. The law was supposed to put in place measures for the victims to have an independent review of their case but in traditional Japanese fashion of corruption and social hierarchy the school board is allowed to hire the investigators. Most of the time it ends with "we have investigated ourselves and have found no wrongdoing."

Users who are viewing this thread