Dungeon ga Arawarete 5-nen, 15-sai de Dungeon ni Idomu Koto ni Shita. - Ch. 5

Group Leader
Looked back and I can see what you mean. Looks like something along the lines of a M1911 (dunno how you get THOSE in Japan, even in this setting, because I doubt the JP government would allow even explorers to have .45ACP or above). So either @KDT_SCANS messed up while translating, or the writer clearly doesn't know their guns. That said, it's not impossible for a revolver to look something like that, but... we'll just say the author f*cked up for now.
Something that is at least true and has been said before is that Yuuta won't use firearms so often (otherwise he would appear on the cover with a firearm instead of a sword). Firearms don't allow for quick leveling up, otherwise, all the military would be level 1000. Perhaps for this reason, the novel also doesn't go into much detail about firearms. (To me, that weapon doesn't look like a revolver either, but this chapter was done quickly to avoid further delays. Next time, I'll adapt the translation better. I apologize.)

Dex-chan lover
"not wanting to start a harem" is a sensible explanation? Since when? For whom?

That's such a meta thing to say in an anime-story, why not just say that he's uncomfortable to have his 3rd member some unknown girl he has to take care of?
Why does it have to be : "I don't want to swim in pussy too hard you feel me??"

These MCs who even mention the word "harem"... Like, is it that normal of a thing to think about in otaku Japan?

Dex-chan lover
So I've been reading the WN, the firearm thing has not been told properly at all. Basically modern weapons don't grant or barely grant experience and IF you do somehow level up from them you get worse stat increases at level up. Actually just in general there is so much stuff missed I HIGHLY recommend reading said WN as it's actually insane how much info has been removed from the manga.
It is not unusual for details to be "missed" when adapting a WN/LN, a lot of it gets turned into visual details that readers don't seem to pick up on, while the rest are omitted because readers should be able to learn them from context clues or infer them from the dialogue, it's actually quite rare for details to be completely missing.
In this case, it was actually all but explained in plain text that the difficulty of the fight matters. (Ch. 4, p. 25-26) Harder fought for levels give better stat increases, so it's better to use worse weapons, but that isn't necessarily the only reason to be using a bow instead of a gun. It could be that the bow has some kind of enchantment or bonus stats, or that guns don't get/benefit from any stats/skills but bows do, or it could be that they're running low on bullets and the goblins are dropping a ton of arrows, it could even be the stupidly simple reason that guns are too loud so they're using the virtually silent bow to avoid being overwhelmed or PK'ed. Not only did people miss the bit about the fight difficulty effecting growth, they couldn't even think of any other reason why a gun might not be the preferred weapon.

Fed-Kun's army
Things are getting more interesting, can wait to see the next floor.
Thanks for the chapter ❤️

Dex-chan lover
It is not unusual for details to be "missed" when adapting a WN/LN, a lot of it gets turned into visual details that readers don't seem to pick up on, while the rest are omitted because readers should be able to learn them from context clues or infer them from the dialogue, it's actually quite rare for details to be completely missing.
In this case, it was actually all but explained in plain text that the difficulty of the fight matters. (Ch. 4, p. 25-26) Harder fought for levels give better stat increases, so it's better to use worse weapons, but that isn't necessarily the only reason to be using a bow instead of a gun. It could be that the bow has some kind of enchantment or bonus stats, or that guns don't get/benefit from any stats/skills but bows do, or it could be that they're running low on bullets and the goblins are dropping a ton of arrows, it could even be the stupidly simple reason that guns are too loud so they're using the virtually silent bow to avoid being overwhelmed or PK'ed. Not only did people miss the bit about the fight difficulty effecting growth, they couldn't even think of any other reason why a gun might not be the preferred weapon.
Difficulty of the fight vs dungeon having some kind of bias against modern weapons though is different. Like it's why America is half fallen in this setting (that we've never even seen) as they abused guns in dungeons but their explorers are weak as piss as a result.

It's actually really important stuff being not shown thats my issue, I know it cant be a 1 to 1 adaption but really important discusions and theories Yuuta and co talk about are essential to the world building. Also bows aren't silent, sure not gun loud but they twank when fired. Also to note they are on massive plains, out in the open so weapon sounds only mater for about 5 seconds.

It could be that the bow has some kind of enchantment or bonus stats, or that guns don't get/benefit from any stats/skills but bows do

This part here though IS explained in the novel, as in no they don't. Theres no enchantments and stats are just overall effecting things. You could hold a metal cup and it'd be effected by your stats in the same way. The only thing known for sure is the dungeon creator has a massive hardon against modern weapons and makes it so you take longer to level up and your stat growth sucks and you get no skills. All this is why when they adapted they should have done it better, I shouldn't have to go to a different medim to answer basic questions.

Supporter
I forgot they were still using guns at this point. Boy, does that not age well.

Reika. She seems nice. Not the kind of person who would let dozens of people die to crank her level up with empty stats or anything while causing trouble for her sister's relationship by hiding it from her but not Yuta.

The gacha note is probably TLed properly but, nevertheless, it's wrong. Misuzu gonna lose her mind when she finds out the hard way.

Yuta doesn't need to worry about a harem party. No sense in worrying about things you can't prevent.

Supporter
Looked back and I can see what you mean. Looks like something along the lines of a M1911 (dunno how you get THOSE in Japan, even in this setting, because I doubt the JP government would allow even explorers to have .45ACP or above). So either @KDT_SCANS messed up while translating, or the writer clearly doesn't know their guns. That said, it's not impossible for a revolver to look something like that, but... we'll just say the author f*cked up for now.
The JP govt has loosened its gun laws for explorers as seen when Yuta went equipment shopping, but only in the dungeons. You can get just about anything commercially available anywhere in the world for a price.

Supporter
Something that is at least true and has been said before is that Yuuta won't use firearms so often (otherwise he would appear on the cover with a firearm instead of a sword). Firearms don't allow for quick leveling up, otherwise, all the military would be level 1000. Perhaps for this reason, the novel also doesn't go into much detail about firearms. (To me, that weapon doesn't look like a revolver either, but this chapter was done quickly to avoid further delays. Next time, I'll adapt the translation better. I apologize.)
Also, the military isn't even allowed by the dungeon to enter in the first place. Ditto LEO forces. Some members of such outfits have tried to maneuver around this restriction by retiring, leveling up and then returning to active duty, but the dungeon is able to recognize this and only permits those folks' levels to rise a trivial amount.

Supporter
"not wanting to start a harem" is a sensible explanation? Since when? For whom?

That's such a meta thing to say in an anime-story, why not just say that he's uncomfortable to have his 3rd member some unknown girl he has to take care of?
Why does it have to be : "I don't want to swim in pussy too hard you feel me??"

These MCs who even mention the word "harem"... Like, is it that normal of a thing to think about in otaku Japan?
Harem parties are part of the general conversation when it comes to this world, both positively and negatively. Parties with a gender imbalance almost universally end up in that state. Yuta is already aware things will be troublesome once his yandere stepsister ages up and joins; he doesn't want to make things worse by adding a third girl around him. Or a fourth. Or a fifth and sixth. Or a nightmare nutjob seventh. Or...well, you get the picture. FWIW, Nagumo has encouraged Yuto to embrace what can't be avoided, so he's already actively thinking about the subject.

Dex-chan lover
Harem parties are part of the general conversation when it comes to this world, both positively and negatively. Parties with a gender imbalance almost universally end up in that state. Yuta is already aware things will be troublesome once his yandere stepsister ages up and joins; he doesn't want to make things worse by adding a third girl around him. Or a fourth. Or a fifth and sixth. Or a nightmare nutjob seventh. Or...well, you get the picture. FWIW, Nagumo has encouraged Yuto to embrace what can't be avoided, so he's already actively thinking about the subject.

Look, I understand the base concern of having nothing but women around you, what I was talking about was the use of the word Harem.
That word either means "I'll be the only guy among a group of women", or: "They just won't stop fighting over me, I am irresistible, it's a problem".

Either way, it comes off as obnoxious, and treating it like a normal thing to say makes me wonder if it's actually in Japan's lexicon..
(Or the author wanted to make a joke that just irked me, also possible.)

Dex-chan lover
So basically, the one who f*cked up was YOU. Ok, imma accept that since you admitted it, but please don't rush too often just to get the chapter out. But then again, I'm not the one translating here, so who am I to tell you what to do?

Dex-chan lover
So does the guy have a 3 girl harem? 2 that support him in the dungeon and 1 that supports him at home?

Users who are viewing this thread