Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - Kakiage

Fed-Kun's army
I feel him. being the one to mess with things and everyone else just has complete faith in you but only when several saftey meters away.

Double-page supporter
Actually it's very easy to get even, predictable, heat at a campfire. You just burn your wood down to coals. It's called a cooking fire.

Dex-chan lover
But deep frying over an open fire has been a thing forever.
This author needs to watch some of the Townsends 18th century cooking videos.

Fed-Kun's army
Its very cool to see a team actually work as a team where skills compliment each other. Usually teams in fiction is just a reason for characters to be near each other.

Dex-chan lover
Page 24, I wonder if that was foreshadowing or not. I'm talking about Marcille and Laios positions and that thing there as well.

Banned
Just had an ephinaphy about this dungeon: if adventurers needed skilled keymaster/scout like Chillack for a dungeon expedition and the dungeon has been around for a number of years, why didn't the previous successful expedition actually mark where the secret passages are, where the switches, and what traps lays ahead on the wall of the dungeon, warning incoming new adventurers of the dangers and shortcut?
The answer is the dungeon cleaners. They would erase any foreign substances and damages to the dungeon architecture and restore it to default mode.
Also, the Mad wizard occassionally changing the floor plan wont help either. But he rarely wander around at that level.

Dex-chan lover
I'm so glad they're cooking giant bat and not more cockatrice...
I don't know what Japan's obsession with deep fat frying stuff is. It seems even more extreme than in Scotland. But I don't like anything fried like that. It makes everything crunchy and greasy, which is disgusting.

Dex-chan lover
Traps are underutilized in RPG game design. It's hard to find the right balance between trivial to deal with and completely unfair and unfun.

Users who are viewing this thread