Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 10 Ch. 63 - Confit

Dex-chan lover
So the Winged Lion (or one half of it) is definitely a demon. Did it start making Laius' wish a reality just then? Maybe the Phoenix actually tastes just like chixken and it's just the Winged Lion's power that makes it so good.

Dex-chan lover
Make me imagine Harry Potter and co eating Fawkes in Dumbledore's office

Fed-Kun's army
This whole series is about eating everything in the dungeon and you guys still don't see how we're going to deal with the demon? smh

Aggregator gang
Oh hey, looks like Izu was the one who caught the mushrooms. She is now a slightly better cat.

Right side of page 7 we see three of the living paintings the party interacted with in chapter 12. Grape lady, Derghal's birth and his wedding party. Not the last one of his coronation, though. Wonder if that's significant. No other paintings in this room appear to match any seen in chapter 12. Definitely going to guess that the mannequin is a stand-in for Derghal, though.

Possible perspective snafu at the elbow of the lady at Derghal's left (his wife?): her elbow appears to be obscuring the back of the chair at her left.

Mirror room is really weird, broken mirrors being strongly representative of disappointment with what they showed. It's hard to imagine making a literal hall of shame the first room you see in your house. Perhaps instead they all used to contain demons like Misurn's, and they are a record of Thistle triumphing over multiple demons with his soul intact(?). Or perhaps Thistle has attempted to stuff the winged lion into a mirror? Or case of both, with Thistle re-binding a single demon into new mirrors so that he can form contracts under new terms? In any case, the notes on the wall suggest that the mirrors are there for study, not merely display. Fragments on the floor might suggest the mirrors were broken in this very hall.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the translations!
Some assorted thoughts:
1. Damn, we're really on the endgame here, huh. Can't believe the gang finally reached Thistle's house and are about to free the demon Vapul-- I mean, the Winged Lion of friendship! Yes, can't wait for that happy monster kingdom...
2. Yeah I knew there was something off, killing that bird so easily, hah. Still, Laius did a galaxy brain play right there throwing Yaado on top of it, good catching remembering the "monsters can't harm the kingdom's residents" rule. And speaking of rules...
3. It's hilarious to me how Senshi didn't skip a single heartbeat with that phoenix, right to the pan it goes. "Oh, what are we going to do about the phoenix?!", Laius questioned, and Seshi answered with a single look: "You know what we do with dead monsters in this family, son. Fetch me the mithril knife";
4. That mannequin obviously sticking out probably got to do with something important, I'm feeling it. Also I got some strong Edogai vibes from that creepy arrangement of living corpses, sheesh. Might need Tsurumi to head down the dungeon and collect Thistle at once to his circus of psychopaths;
5. Oh boy, Laius has gone and done it now. He activated the damn book. Welp, shit is about to go down next chapter, whether because of Thistle getting home or Laius going mad from ancient magic flowing nonstop to his dumb brain. Nnng, time for the big wait again (it's gucci tho I still gotta read this chapter 99 more times).

Ah, btw, any guesses on what Laius might've thought on page 24? He seems to have a good clue on why the table is arranged that way.

@PepperPower My guess is that Thistle used to dine with that family and he is now lonely, hence he was trying to recreate that atmosphere. Which is super creepy as well as depressing for Thistle, but par for course with all his other actions.

My guess, this will end in a huge buffet, where the main dish is Half-demon lion meat.

While eating they talk with the elves, about their misunderstandings.

Fed-Kun's army
imagine someone breaks into your house but they take it upon themselves to clean it

@PepperPower
Ah, btw, any guesses on what Laius might've thought on page 24? He seems to have a good clue on why the table is arranged that way.

This is just my (quite stupid) guess, but maybe Laius saw the resemblance between that table arrangement and his dinner table at home (when he was still eat with Farlyne at home) and he realise that the mad sorcerer did this because... he (the mad sorceror) just want to eat food together with everyone again? (Kinda like what Laius and Marcille talk in ch. 52 ?)

...Nah, that might be too simple. Should be something more complex. Sorry about bumb thoery. (And sorry about bad english, not my 1st language)

I'm afraid next chapter we might go back to Kabru and Captain Misurn, instead of Laius and co., though. I like them too but I wanna know what will happen next in Laius's party!

Edit: @siiddheshwgh Yes, I think so too! That's what I was trying to say, lol. I'm bad with words.

Shit just got real.
And Izutsumi ike always being herself - instead of searching, fighting phoenix or cleaning, she went straight into the first bed she found until it was time to eat.

@TheFunkyMonkey
That bird is the closest thing to normal that they've had to eat.
I don't think that a food which is permanently alive even after preparing and eating it can be counted as normal. If not for the rules and underhanded tricks, you could burn alive from inside-out. Everything else was at least behaving like a normal food before/after being prepared or eaten.

Dex-chan lover
There is no way the team eating a phoenix isn't going to ex machina something later. Like them getting a free revive or hawking up flaming puke. Or the one weakness to future enemy is the phoenix feather duster.

Dex-chan lover
last pages : when marcille checks out the book , no reaction at all . but when laios touches it , it wakes up , so it probably already chooses laios as its owner .

Users who are viewing this thread