Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 10 Ch. 63 - Confit

Fed-Kun's army
I feel like that meal could give you some mean heartburn. All the mirrors being broken make me think the demon's trying to jump ship because the current dungeon master is suppressing it.
Am I allowed to say "I called it" about the book?

Double-page supporter
The mirrors being broken are probably a way to suppress the demon's influence. From the looks of it last chapter the demon didn't so much live in the mirror as manifest through it, probably something to do with the idea of a mirror reflecting what you desire ala various myths or it showing an alternate "reflected" world that the demons were summoned from.

The sorcerer probably subdued the demon in the book and smashed all mirrors in sight to prevent it tempting him or anyone else.

Contributor
She's gotten so used to it, that the most she thinks of this as is "weird" and not "seriously fucked up"

Dex-chan lover
Erhm.. Laios just frikkin' headbutted a phoenix. That's badass.
Also, phoenix feather duster? That's something.

Fed-Kun's army
I love how he cooked it haha
And who'd have thought laius would be good at cleaning! Though, not surprising I guess, considering he is an independent adult.

Aggregator gang
What a fun cooking method lol, hopefully all that cleaning slowed them down a bit before Kabru and the captain can get to them
Thanks so much for the chapter!!

thematically, it would make sense if they finally resolve the demon issue by letting it feed on them, sustainably

the people sustainably feed on the dungeon, the demon sustainably feed on the people's desires, then the dungeon grows sustainably from the demon's power

it ties in with the teachings of senshi, falin, and the dungeoneering goals of marcille

theres no reason why the demon have to feed on ALL the desires of the dungeon lord, the one case of the captain, it have shown that it doesnt need to eat all desires, nor is there only one dungeon lord, they could pass down the dungeon lord title hereditary

Fed-Kun's army
Only in this manga could you have such a combo of cheerful Disney-esque "let's clean up the evil magician's house!" and super creepy "stepping closer and closer to madness" psychological horror.

Re-read Chapter 12 (sensei planned this so early!! :O)

a couple more hints:
arTqr9M.png

WhPFpvi.png

Dex-chan lover
Anyone know if the entire story takes place within this one dungeon or does the mangaka plan on taking it a bit further?

Banned
@freelance but just because it's "sustainable" from the demon's perspective doesn't mean they'd survive it. Sustainable dungeon farming still involves killing monsters, after all. We already know that demons have a preference for "unique" desires, which seems like shorthand for eating your personality; how much quality of life could you enjoy after that?

Dex-chan lover
page 7 : i guess they are :

- the empty chairs belong to the mad magician and king delgal , the grand-father . king delgal went to the surface and turned into ashes .

- the son of king delgal . he is the father of yaado and the big sister .

- the mother of yaado .

- the big sister of yaado .

- yaado , the grand-son of king delgal .

Twi

@Snakeykid1
Funny you should mention that, was watching on tv about these thieves that did just that among other things. To remove any evidence of themselves ever being there ,hair, finger prints, etc.

@Fa-271
Somehow I imagine it would be spicy.

Dex-chan lover
In misurn's flash back the demon showed his greatest desire with a mirror then misurn smashed it and the demon came out, could be why all the mirrors in the house are cracked. Wizard is prolly trying to get the demon to come out again

Users who are viewing this thread