Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 10 Ch. 64 - Rabbit

Group Leader
That winged lion giving me Cardcaptor Sakura vibes
Also, those rabbits are legit terrifying

reu

Dex-chan lover
That's the most foul cruel and bad-tempered rodent you ever set eyes on... The Rabbit of Caerbannog
Ooooh it's just a harmless little bunny isn't it? It's always the same the ynever listen to me.

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the chapter!
Alright, time for the thoughts:
1. Breaking that seal was quite simple, huh. And the Winged Lion is still acting like a good creature around Laius, I'm still uncertain if he's evil or not. He's got so much charisma compared to the lamb demon from Misurn's backstory, the way he acts and talks doesn't seem akin to what an extradimensional devil would be like;
2. "Let's get my sister drunk with a rabbit soup laced with alcohol, then we can do whatever we want with her"... not only this plan gives some wrong ideas but it's also very cartoonish, Laius. Provided she does eat the meal, where will you find enough alcohol to get a half-dragon chimera drunk?... Do magical beasts even get drunk?
3. Huh, so that's the origin of Laius' armor... he bought it to counter murder rabbits that only appear at the bottom of the dungeon (though it helps protecting his neck and collarbone in general). It fits him, I can't lie;
4. That mortal wound was on you, Laius. You know damn fucking well that there's no way normal rabbits would exist this deep within the dungeon. Hell, I wouldn't trust rabbits even on the first level, it's a dungeon ffs.

It was a short chapter but it had some important bits here and there. Soon we'll have a confrontation with Thistle and Farlyn, plus we know Kabru and Misurn are also coming so it's going to inevitably turn into a mess. Then there's the singularity of fully releasing the Winged Lion, and also turning Farlyn back to normal. Lots of trials still ahead but it does feel like we're close to the end of the manga.

(STUDIO TRIGGER PLEASE MAKE DUNGEON MESHI ANIME I'LL PAY YOU GENEROUSLY IN KELPIE MEAT FOR YOUR SERVICES)

The fucking Monty Python rabbit. That thing scarred the shit out of me when I was little. Incredible how something so normal looking can invoke so much fear.

I love how they have to contrive things so that the final boss can be defeated with more cooking.

@SemperSolus
Really it makes sense that food and nutrition should always be a factor. But most fantasy settings gloss over it, and even in this one they're some of the only adventurers who consistently pay attention to it.

Also I do like how they're doing a spin on the classic "get the dragon drunk" trope.

Fed-Kun's army
Oh man, this is beautiful. MPatHG is one of my favorite movies of all time.

Dex-chan lover
Fcbw6K1.png

Dex-chan lover
@HDMI1 Out of simple curiosity, how medically accurate is the depiction of Laius gurgling blood as to the effects of a ruptured carotid artery.

To be precise, I'm aware that the carotid artery is a thick blood vessel carrying a lot of blood at relatively high pressure. Right now, I'd imagine a lot of blood is pooling in his neck. But how does it pass through to his trachea and/or esophagus? I think those tissues are quite impermeable.

Could the blood be taking an indirect path? Perhaps when the blood falls down due to gravity, it floods the lungs and flows through the more permeable tissues there?

Double-page supporter
About the lion suspicious ...
at past chapters, they already shown demon shaped Lion head with 5 wings ?
also in some depiction at past chapter, the lion being shown with horn at heads ...
That mystical book, it also appear at The Elf Girl dream ?

(maybe this is the 8th dungeon or something ?)

Users who are viewing this thread