Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 10 Ch. 68 - Thistle

Dex-chan lover
Wait, her power is bestowed by the lion right? Then... Why didn't he just take it back or something

@musicfreak12 No honeyy... the Demon is just simply a power (i guess bound by a contract), in the end.. the Lord of Dungeon is the one who control them. If the Demon wants to take over the Lord, it must corrupts the Lord's mind into a madness until he/she has no more desire to live. Therefore the Lord has no more wills to fight back and the Demon wins

In this case although Thistle lost several desire/memories but his will.and stubborness/paranoid is still big so thats why he can't be swayed by the demon

Dex-chan lover
I feel that the maxim "Know this first: the daemon is a liar" answers all the doubts about the Winged Lion fully.

Dex-chan lover
@musicfreak12 My guess is that since the Winged lion has been imprisoned, he can't stop Thistle from taking his power. There are two books that seal the lion's power, and the other one is where Thistle gets his power, so the roles are reversed in that sense. Imprisoning the lion may be the only reason why Thistle didn't end up just like Misurn.

Group Leader
I wonder if Marcille being a half-elf is a retcon? Certainly didn't seem that way at the beginning of the series, but I guess that's how twists are supposed to be anyway.

Aggregator gang
@caitsith As many have mentioned all elves shown have a characteristic face and ears, Marcille is the only elf who is different from all the other elves. Even in the image showing how each character would look as different races the other characters have the same type of face other elves do. Marcille is the only one who have rounded facial traits and ears.

Group Leader
@te-kun I just mean that since the art style has changed somewhat and Marcille was the only elf at the beginning of the series, there's no way to tell whether she was written as a half-elf from the beginning.

Dex-chan lover
page 3 :
just imagine : some peoples broke into your house , killed your pet phoenix , then hanged its remains in your house , for you to see in horror .
and they discovered your collection of henta* books that were hidden under the bed , lol . question : why did the dark elf need to hide his collection ? he is the only one who lives in this house .

@Caitsith a half-elf probably not much a big deal in this world (especially in non-elven places). Non-elven race still see a half-elf as an elf. Probably in Elven kingdom they don't make a big fuss at it either, though probably some elven can be racist toward them

I feel like this manga only have 2 chapters left since its so close to the end. I mean every volume have 7 chapters in it. So far for vol 10 we will have 2 more chapters.

But I hope I'm wrong tho, I just hope Dungeon Meshi will have 11 Volumes (77 chapters so far plus extra)

Dex-chan lover
the dark elf still doesnt realize that the king 's son 's body was switched with a dummy , maybe the elf is too stupid , or he doesnt care about the son at all , lol .

page 13 : dark elf : "i want everyone in this kingdom to live their lives in peace ... no suffer from unexpected death ... " , then a few pages later , he unexpectedly killed all the citizens who disagreed with him , lol , please make up your mind , dark elf .

page 20 : goof : a dungeon master has to steal the eggs from his summoned monsters ? he can just order the monsters to give him the eggs .

and starting from page 20 , note the many different hair-styles of the dark elf .

page 28 : reading between the lines of the lion :

- i "love" laios , marcille , senshi and cat girl . i want them to save you ... by killing you . i want you to be free ... of your miserable life . death is the only way .

- please stop this nonsense , dark elf . please set me free ... so i can kill you .

the lion looks so innocent , cute and pitiful , lol .

Aggregator gang
@caitsith there were some other elves in the first volume (Marcille's mom in her dream, an adventurer they meet and one selling cheese in the extras), their ears were a bit fatter than we see later but their eyes were already more angular. The ones we saw in the first volume could be partially human as well since I would see half-elves as more likely to go adventuring and mixing with humans while pure elves would tend to work more with other elves.

Group Leader
@te-kun I'd kind of assumed that Marcille was just drawn like that to make her cuter and more expressive but that's a fair argument, albeit not proof positive that she was written as a half-elf from the get-go.
The farthest back I can find in terms of foreshadowing is Ch42, where it's implied that Marcille lost her dad to old age, but there might be more clues hidden here and there that I'm sure will be more apparent if I ever reread the series in its entirety.

Aggregator gang
@caitsith I think the author could have it planned from the begin and not give a single hint just claiming that half elves look just like elves. Making every elf distinct from her is going out of her way when she could have made every elf cutesy like her. Considering how her being a half-elf have plot implications specially related to the end of the story and that the story and world building so far seems to be pretty consistent I think the author had at least the key points planned ahead instead of making things up as the story goes.

Users who are viewing this thread