Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 2 Ch. 9 - Orcs

Double-page supporter
All that's learned & done... they sure are taking their sweet time going through all the levels while pending to save the eaten sister hahaha. I was so immersed in their step-by-step progress I kept forgetting to comment about that.

Their hate for the elves & how they need to kill the enemies isn't something nice, but it's a given. & I'm sorry, I like the orc's design here. Strong. Also, the smol orc is especially cute.

Last edit: "FOOD'S READY, DAMMIT!" is so cute I laughed. Savage caretaker is savage XD

The allegory to the conqueror and the conquered escaped me till I read the comments smh. Doesn't help that elves (presumably) are fairskinned lol

Seems like it's more complicated than just orcs raid. Yes they do raid but it seems like the orcs are just following their leader that they trust and the leader is doing what he thinks protects his tribe even if it's unfair to others.

Dex-chan lover
@f0xhunt The problem with that is tribes are small and harder to identified than nations. Which one is raiding and which one isn't is pretty hard to identified.

Well, they seem to now claim the underground as their territory and they have a point about no one except the zombies actually live there. You could say they're claiming empty land in a sense.

Oh thank god XD I was worried they were going to eat the fully sentient, thinking, humanoid creatures for a second.

despite the death of everyone in that tavern, this was a very wholesome chapter.
though i suppose the murders don't really dampen the nice ending, as dying means very little in the dungeon when the body is mostly intact.

speaking of, i wonder what they'll do if Falin is mostly digested by the time they get to and kill the red dragon?

Dex-chan lover
The orcs are having a food shortage , but they only take the vegetables and leave all that fresh meat on the floor ( the butchered humans ) . Are they vegetarians or something ? Lol .
If they massacre people and also prevent their resurrection, they would be hunted down and wiped out within a week. And just like the humans don't like eating sentient beings, maybe the orcs don't, either.

Supporter
It's essential for some of these ingredients to be ill-gotten. That's why it says "(stolen)" for them in the recipe

Users who are viewing this thread