Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 8 Ch. 53 - On the 1st Level

Seems that the dungeon alters the minds of people that stay too long.

What does this mean for our adventurers? What does it mean for Senshi who has probably spent the most time inside?

Dex-chan lover
@tehelgee imho, they might already have corrupted beyond help, but there are three scenarios i can think of:
1. They got blessed by the dungeon denizens.
2. Eating monster reduce/halt the corruption.
3. They don't being corrupted since technically the group was not living in the dungeon but merely visiting.

Dex-chan lover
K I’m honestly expecting either the commander elf or pattdhol to be related to our favourite elf
Pattdhol mostly based on her similar hairstyle/looks and the commander for her silly little mistake

Dex-chan lover
@tehelgee It seemed like it "amplifies and distorts greed"... I think none of the main cast are particularly greedy and that's their salvation, maybe? Maybe not though and they will end up warped.

Dex-chan lover
@Landale I've only dabbled in a little table top and don't know the mechanics of Nomad Psion, but isn't the build kinda broken as a concept?
"I just touched the boss, he is now shunted into the nearest wall/floor/ceiling."

their are probably more draw backs then we know. She also had line of sight as she was staring at them as she fought, and maybe it is more like a special graple (CMB)?

Dex-chan lover
Smart elves. They know the dangers of the dungeon, including the hidden ones. No wonder the Mad Sorcerer is mad.

Dex-chan lover
The main cast aren't in the dungeon to fuel their greed.
Marcille has made it clear that she is researching the magic that forms the dungeon, since she wants to find a way to make it practical.
Chilchack is there due to professional responsibility. It's just his job.
Senshi has made the dungeon his home, he has no desire because he had already lost everything.
Laius and Farlyn were only in the dungeon because they wanted to escape their old home and needed the money. The two simply just want to live their lives, and due to their circumstances, strongly desire to remain together.

Dex-chan lover
@CraniumAmbiguity Unlike with Wizards, Psions must pick a specialization and, again unlike Wizards, it locks them out of powers unique to all others as opposed to just one or two other specializations' spells. They're more flexible though, no "X spells a day pick which ones in advance", instead having a set number of points a day with each power having a fixed cost and a potential additional augment cost.
So a Nomad is primarily only useful for movement, with some basic support and attack options on top of it. Dimension Swap itself does permit Will saves to negate it entirely, has a fairly short range, and requires a higher point investment the larger the targets being displaced are. Not to mention the class isn't particularly durable, so "I just touched the boss, he is now shunted into the nearest wall/floor/ceiling" is an incredibly high risk situation that should be rewarded properly.
Random thugs are generally nothing more than a level 1 or 2 Warrior, not even good enough to be a Fighter just better than your random civilian, and have fuck all for Will save bonuses. If we applied D&D logic across the board, the mad sorcerer is likely a 20th level Sorcerer, which has an excellent Will save bonus. The captain might be useful against their summons but not so much the sorcerer, especially in this case since they could just have the dungeon move out of their way to rejoin the fight.

Fed-Kun's army
Uh... reminds me, who were those elves again? I kinda forgot about them since my focus is only on the main team when reading this.

Dex-chan lover
Damn, Tokyo Ghoul elf is badass.

This is why you don't trust these knife-eared tree-huggers.

Fed-Kun's army
I wonder how much of the dungeon has a magical influence on greed, vs how much is simply human/humanoid/whatever nature. The gold appearing at lvl 1 sounds suspicious, and I wonder if our heroes were there now could cook up some gold fungi soup or whatever to crack the mystery.

Also that funky eye elf is op af. It's a mixture of no-clip mode and also the realistic idea of teleporting into a solid surface. It's a wonder the guy in the ceiling, and others, weren't just amputated.

Users who are viewing this thread