Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 8 Ch. 53 - On the 1st Level

Dex-chan lover
I'm noticing that the runes on the boy elf's body at the end of last chapter are absent in this one. I can't decide if this is just Ryoko forgetting to draw them in this chapter, or if there's a significance to hiding them in the settlement.

My mind's at odds with "Ryoko wouldn't forget details, think about how she drew kensuke slowly evolving throughout the series, maybe they're hiding it because the body-inscribed magic these elves are using is forbidden, like in Witch Hat" and "you're being an idiot, everyone forgets to draw something sometimes".

Dex-chan lover
@korvas the teleportation magic replaces the portion of their bodies that get stuck into the walls with stone copies in the same positions, so if those come from the walls they're teleported into, they're just being position-swapped, so there isn't any amputation taking place. It'll just take a while to get em out.

Dex-chan lover
x3cCDgU.png

You can always count of this series to have the best reaction images.

Dex-chan lover
Talking about desires and dungeons, Laius is gonna confound these fools.

He might be the most dangerous human in existence.

VIP
remember, lot of race like orc live in dungeon and they are fine. seems more related to greed than race or time spend.

also elf is there because elf feel dungeon expansion went out of control which what could happen with this slay guy back then, they want to prevent that. elf seem to be lawful justice. easy to hated, but it's actually reasonable on what they doing.

this is gonna be the lamest fucking sentence but: i'm glad my stupid lazy eye got some representation in manga

Dex-chan lover
@AlmondMagnum
I'm not quite sure to be honest. I don't think there's a set bit of ruling on magically removing body parts.
Personally I'd rule the heart has total concealment normally, so a 50% outright failure rate then permit the Will save if it gets past that.
From there, things get really screwy depending on how vital the heart is to the target.
If it's vital go with the massive damage death rule, but not even checking if it actually hit for 50+, if they make the save roll 1d8 with the result being their negative HP and give no chance of stabilizing until the heart gets replaced. Basically maybe the shock of it kills them outright, maybe it kills them in a couple seconds from massive internal bleeding and they get to be aware of it.
If it's not vital, an undead target for example, then maybe roll a couple d6s to figure the damage of suddenly missing a chunk of body.

@Razgrizone No, they are going to cause the dungeon to violently lash at the big ball of greed and desires (all the people present) so that they will think twice before entering the dungeon again. So, if the story is still focused on them in the next chapter I expect something like a Greater Demon (that's just a name of a high level enemy in Wizardry) emerging to try to kill everyone present on the first level. Or a host of Greater Demons with a bunch of other monsters. Basically, they are causing a "small-scale" catastrophe to prevent a bigger catastrophe.

@Lazerwalker They aren't here because of Marcille, they are here because of the dungeon.

Fed-Kun's army
Still so good. I didn't expect the action fight scene to be so good. Even most fighting manga I've read didn't get 'that' feeling right.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, they didn't kill anybody so far. And their way to show them, what's going to happen is also right, if they manage to protect them at the same time. I hope they don't clash with our heros too badly, as I'd hate to see that. They are quite cool. Badass elves, who would have thought?

Dex-chan lover
I had no idea there was a "Kabru wants to remove everyone from the dungeon" subplot.

Dex-chan lover
@orochijes Chapter 45. Basically the whole "evacuate everyone" bit is a two part plan. It gets people out of harms' way, and the "wait for the dungeon to starve" part keeps the elves out long enough to by Laius's group more time.

Fed-Kun's army
I'm honestly glad Kabru's fucking up as hard as he is. He's really a character I don't like because of his high self evaluation. He's too self righteous and thinks that his plans and ideas are always right. Him falling down a couple of stairs will outa straighten up that arrogant mindset.

Users who are viewing this thread