Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 8 Ch. 55 - On the 1st Level, Part III

Dex-chan lover
Kabru is such an infuriating character, letting his pride get in the way when they had already solved everything. I thought he wanted to prevent another tragedy, but I guess human supremacy comes first for him when the chips are down. I kind of want this to lead to a second Utaya to drill home how he fucked up.

Double-page supporter
I'm glad I wasn't in public when I read this chapter. People would've called the the metal hospital for the way I was laughing.😆

Dex-chan lover
@ilikepi31415 I'm not so sure about that, the elves so far acted <beep>ing suspicious and his questions have merit. I believe there is something going on and the elves are involved.

Dex-chan lover
@theShear
Do his questions have merit? Certainly. Enough merit to sabotage the best chance yet to kill the sorcerer? Not by a long shot. I seriously doubt there's some elf led conspiracy, it's probably them being secretive to a fault.

Kabru has been acting on not so pure motives too. He mentioned wanting humans in control of the island before, but to go this far is just abject recklessness. Especially when the only ones at risk of serious repercussions are Laius's party. If he truly cared about the island and it's inhabitants he would have let it end right there.

Fed-Kun's army
If anything the elves here are going to be the villains - from the looks of it they dragged the dungeon creator in Kabru's town to the surface, allowed the town to be wiped out while fighting them, and stole the ancient magic they were using to create it. I think Kabru has figured it out from the looks of it that the elves don't actually mind using ancient magic, they just don't want anybody else to use it.

Not sure what i want to see more next chapter.... more elf intrigue or more hilarious changeling antics.

Nice detail is that the elf teleported Kabru's leg into a mushroom and it stayed on throughout the whole chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread