Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria - Vol. 13 Ch. 52 - Hostage

Ayyy new chapter! Sorry for the delay yall had to reorganize the schedule. Still busy but I think we're back on track now with Sword Oratoria. Upload times may be irregular but won't abandon this series without letting yall now here or on twitter. Hope all is well and thanks for reading!

not sure how they don't realize that if they go with aiz kali's head rolls and she retruns to heaven to have the amazons basically surrender due to loosing the power they get from the god

Dex-chan lover
Nice Tiona's backstory.

Hope she and Tione kick those amazonesses. 😀

Thanks for the chapter! I always knew Tiona was the best girl in this series, and her backstory completely validated that opinion.

Dex-chan lover
@brykanst
Because of the consequences behind those actions. You can't just delete a God and walk away without getting punished by other Familia or Organizations.
I get that Loki/Freya are essentially the only exceptions to the rule but they don't want to be back-stabbed like they'd done to Zeus/Hera. Freya got punished for deleting Ishtar. And if you make a majority of the Familia wind up hating you, eventually you'll wind up in a position where they'll do anything to get rid of you. So you've gotta ride the fine line of not jumping to murder immediately.

Dex-chan lover
@shoker Add to that killing a God isn't exactly easy, sure they don't seem impressive powerwise but that is because they are suppressing it. Kali doesn't seem to be the type to not go all out if it's a decision between dying and breaking some rules.

@theShear it hasn't been properly explained in the novels but there is clearly some level of automatic rule enforcement when it comes to Gods using their powers. At least when a God's powers automatically activate to revive them from a fatal level of damage they automatically get sent back to Heaven. Then again Loki did accuse Oppai Loli of using her power to cheat with Bell's stats so there's probably some line that once crossed gets them "noticed" and sends them back home. Either way using enough power to deal with multiple level 6's would definitely fall under the category of "noticeable." If not by the automatic system then definitely by Loki.

Dex-chan lover
Well, the two of them are idiots if they completely obey and play Kali's game as is. Hopefully, Toina will let Loki & co know and go with Toine (who's lost her rationality in this situation) more as to play along as a distraction. Which would then let their Famila interrupt the ritual, though I would assume for story purposes it wouldn't happen until after the climax of the fight but before any of the 4 of them die.

Loki certainly doesn't seem the type to let what is effectively the kidnap/blackmail of 3 of her Famila to go unpunished, regardless of the forced fight's outcome.

Dex-chan lover
@theShear Not true. Freya simply kicked Ishtar down from a high place. A large dog could have done the same. Anime "spoiler":
In the last ep of Danmachi s2, we saw that one goddess, whom Hestia used to know, get her avatar killed by some random mob monsters.
Game over, return to Heaven. Gods aren't much to talk about personally in a fight when not protected by their familia, especially if they can't charm the opponent.

@shoker I'm not gonna read any spoilers, but nothing so far supports your claim. If you think about Kali specifically, no other god would probably give a shit about a madwoman like her disappearing from the mortal world.

Tiona best girl, and Bache is a potential too.

That explains how they grow up so differently in the same environment

Aggregator gang
I Just hope that this time there will be consequences for all this bs, cause the arcs of The anime were fucking shit!

Double-page supporter
What kind of dipshit would actually fall for that obvious bait? Probably the same kind of dipshits that would actually obey that kind of ultimatum. Oh well.

It's not possible for children to harm gods. If that happens their divinity activates. However, gods can kill other gods.

Dex-chan lover
@amarillo I think there's technically a way around that, if a child uses a divine instrument it could theoretically kill the God, not just banish them back to Heaven. For instance the Hestia Knife could probably do it if Bell had the right motivation. Don't quote me on this though, it's just hearsay so I could be completely wrong.

@DracoInduperator

Whether or not there are loopholes aren't stated. You might be correct but as of right now that possibility is unknown. However, it's bluntly stated in the light novel that children can't harm gods. Their divine power is being suppressed but it will activate when harmed. It's also stated that this safety measure does not activate if it's another god doing the harming.

Dex-chan lover
@Amarillo thank you very much for sharing and explaining that. I wonder if that means Freya could have killed Ishtar if she had stabbed her instead of making her fall off a building, I don't know how that works. I haven't actually gotten around to reading all the novels yet. It's on my to-do list. xD

Users who are viewing this thread