Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka Gaiden - Sword Oratoria - Vol. 16 Ch. 69 - Death

Dex-chan lover
Is Bete doing Lelouch thing? I think he is. Ais probably saw his almost crying face. Line died happy.

Dex-chan lover
Oh man this wolf dude, I actually hated him at first but now I love him, def one of the better written chars in this series, dudes 100% correct, they died cause they weak, everyone who hates on him in the comments def hates on him for other reasons or they just to stupid to understand him just like the rest of the familia that hated him in this chapter lol

Fed-Kun's army
Wow...for a side character we barely saw....her death actually stung a lot.
@dokidoki
It's not what you say but how you say it. They died because they are weak, that is 100% true. But Bete ran his mouth way too much and took what could have been an inspiration speech that would spark the desire for growth in his comrades.....and instead turned it into just hatred directed towards him. His familia members who don't understand him are stupid? Possibly. But him mouthing off the way he did, also says he doesn't understand them which makes him equally stupid. It doesn't go one way.

A pity the main series on the manga are behind enough that we got a big spoiler by reading this chapter.

About Bete there is a part of his that says all about what he thinks:

''And what's mourning is gonna do for 'em? I'D CRY MYSELF to sleep every night if it'd do a damn thing.''

Pity he is not blessed with a way with words or that he does not seem to learn from his mistakes and even about the mistakes he knows and admit (alcohol), but if he were he would not exist as a character here. I doubt he tried to do something smart as getting all the resentment on him like some here have written.

With al the clues we got in this chapter i think we can guess what happened to him: the girl he loved died, and he blamed the others in his previous Familia and her for it, to hide the fact he blames himself and his own powerlessness the most.

Dex-chan lover
@Abetillo I have to agree. What he wanted to tell the others is to get strong enough to survive, not to be content with being weak. That's about how far his social wits would go, but his words failed even at that, although I imagine there're some among the familia who would have got the message, nevertheless. Seeing how the enemy is a living bunch of villains out there, what would even be the point of taking resentment upon himself? They just need to go back to the man-made dungeon and lay waste to it. The place isn't going to disappear on its own. It's a good bank for their resentment.

I can't stand this idiotic trope where edgy characters berate people for being weak. "Oh he's so misunderstood!" like stfu, he deserves to get his ass beat for being so disrespectful.

Group Leader
Page 17:
Finn: "Now let's get down to business"
Gareth: "To defeat the Huns."
Riveria: "... You think Hestia is still taking new member?"

Dex-chan lover
It feels like a lot was going on when he said that stuff to Line.
For starters he was clearly tearing up/crying when he said what he did. Ais seemed shocked at his expression, so it wasn't one of anger. He's always said that type of stuff to RILE people up. It's meant to be inflammatory so they will want to prove him wrong. Bete constantly trash talks because he wants people to do their best. He doesn't want anyone in the Familia who is simply there to get carried, he wants people to be there because they're doing their absolute best - and to him if you do that, you won't lose and you'll overcome anything. Bete was part of the reason why Bell got so inspired in the main series to become stronger.

So when he's yelling at the rest of the Familia later in the chapter, it's obvious that he just wants anyone scared/weak to leave.
He doesn't want to be responsible for them, he tried to break whatever belief they might have in him and shape them to believe in themselves.

Dex-chan lover
Only reason to be strong in this mangas world is so you can get loli amazons!! lol

Aggregator gang
Aww bete in full in his tsundere mode. nobody actually understood what he was actually saying, well i was actually laughing hard when he got hurt from ais words. Seems like that hurt him the most ahahahaha

Dex-chan lover
I dont give a shit about betes tundere sindrome, he keeps going around trahstalking people, and one of these days hes going to bite more than he can chew.
I really hope Otthar would bash his head in, that way he will learn the hard way that there are always bigger fish.

@ciera ehh. . . the manga did a bad job with that scene. In the LN she had figured Bete out, that's why she liked him in the first place, and understood what he meant. In the LN she actually smiled after he said all that and then died. Doesn't change the fact that Bete is an asshole though.

Bete needs to die, painfully. Being a tsundere doesn't gives you free pass to be such an asshole, not in such a sad moment.

I understand Bete is doing that shit because he hate his comrade to die, he felt responsible

But still, thats no excuse to people that actually dying, to be said like that its too far

I just hope Bete doing something

Users who are viewing this thread