Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka II - Vol. 1 Ch. 0 - The goddess of bell

So are we not going to continue from the ball?

It's weird how bell doesn't consider Hestia as a girl. You met her first and you don't consider her as someone you can be in love with.

Dex-chan lover
Translator, this is just a tip, but generally people don't put "quotation marks" in speech bubbles, that's only for novels and stuff. They're used to imply speech in pure written text, but speech bubbles already do that on their own
That aside, good job on the translation. I don't know Japanese nor Spanish so I can't really say much about it, but nothing about it stuck out to me as weird.

Dex-chan lover
Well, the character design look prettier in this new style. But it feels really computerized as fuck which is a little turn off.

Fed-Kun's army
Hestia si definitely being drawn cuter in these new series and less annoying. That is a big improvement.

Something that has been bothering me is that in this chapter we are shown a monster changing into dust even though its magic stone wasn't cut, but till now in all the other series save on this new one it only happens if the magic stone is destroyed, with lots of instances of people taking this into account or shouting it aloud. I hope there is an explanation and it is not that the publisher wanted to change the background of the series or that the mangaka does not know much about it.

@D1stanc3 First of all artists do not change all the time more like the opposite, at least outside the US, and when they do in the US they make them a new series.

There is also plenty of different examples which have another page.
- Series where they take again the same story part but change the paper, colour or turn then into white and black, redraw some pages or add some extras. Typical with vey popular stories with some time around.
- Stories which they are about the same part of an story already told but with a new artist or author. Typical of Dragon Ball.
- Stories where the mangaka changes publishers or the publisher renames themselves, but the story is a direct continuation as if nothing happened. Trigun comes to mind.

In all of these cases there is a new page for them.

In this precise case is not even a continuation, more like another part, a new mangaka, and they treat it as new series and even release a chapter 0. It is more different than any of the previous examples, meaning it is even more of a new series.

@ELCAZADOR Yeah, i know it is a new series and that is a chapter 0, like others before have said.
It is a pity, that it hasn't been working. Did the admins not provide a solution? It will become a mess, apart from with the change of series, if the previous end up going on again as there will be two series running with the same numbering. How about putting it as chapter 1xx for now? That will not only help with that issues but will make obvious the gap story-wise, in the case it is not really possible to create a new page for this new series.

@Abetillo Except this is a continuation. It is the same series, it has the same name and is based on the same already written story. They are literally continuing the story already set by the LN, just skipping an arc and using a new artist. It isn’t a new series. Also, I have read a few manga adapted from LNs where the artist changes partway through just like this. Manga skip arcs from their respective LNs all the time, the only reason they did a summary chapter here is because chapters haven’t been released regularly for like a year in Japan. It’s still the same series.

Regardless, it is pointless to argue about and I don’t really care either way how mangadex or scanlators decide to catalog the chapter. I just wanted to point that out.

@RandomDoge Agreed. The new artstyle looks better on a technical level, but it feels less... "organic" I guess is the word? It's pretty, but feels a little stiff compared to the previous style, imo. Even so, it might loosen up as time goes by. Still looking forward to seeing how this goes.

@GoblinGuy
Sorry for the late reply.
When i translated the chapter, i used quotation marks on everything being said outloud, so that when someone typesetted (is that the right word?) it, they wouldnt be as confused. It seems like they just forgot to remove them.
Sorry '^-^

Double-page supporter
Whoever drew Haruhime , either hasn't watched what she looks like in the LN or is just bad at drawing.

@djlryalief It's not that Bell doesn't see Hestia as a girl (he is certainly aware of her feminine aspects), he's just also aware that she's a goddess, and he's only human. He sees her as an object of reverence, but not as an object of affection. To be fair, gods and mortals cannot procreate, and gods have both eternal life and eternal youth, while humans will grow old and die eventually. He's very pragmatic, that way. That doesn't stop gods falling in love with humans (e.g. Hestia, Freya, Apollo) or humans falling in love with gods (e.g.
Welf, Mikoto
).

noooo... dont make the bodies immediately disappear even when the magic stone is intact mr artist... its literally the reason supporters are necessary in that universe 😫

Users who are viewing this thread