Dungeon no Osananajimi - Ch. 33.2 - My Childhood Friend Gets To Be A Kid Again - Part 2

Dex-chan lover
EeIsv8U.png

All these goofballs. It's great.

Dex-chan lover
Foreclosure dungeon department
Imagine your job is to go to the dungeon boss who is a giant black dragon, and tell her to leave.
While she is the only thing that keeps the dungeon functional, so you'll catch flak not just from monster trade union, but also from adventurers' guild. And possibly from all the people in the town in which dungeon is a town-defining business.

Dex-chan lover
So she took the hardest, strongest, sharpest sword in existence in her bare (dragon-transformed) hand? I mean I know she has dragon scales (her hand was transformed) but the alloy they made included her scales...

Also, yes, I know people are going to sexualize what I said...

Aggregator gang
So she took the hardest, strongest, sharpest sword in existence in her bare (dragon-transformed) hand? I mean I know she has dragon scales (her hand was transformed) but the alloy they made included her scales...

Also, yes, I know people are going to sexualize what I said...
And? Can you easily cut steel with steel? Of course not.

An object of equal hardness can 'scratch' given material, but you need either a very specific construction (teeth) or an object of much higher hardness to actually cut it with a straight edged blade. The sword at most would cause some minor scratches to her from holding it.

Remember that the harder the material is, the more force is needed to separate its atoms, while the separation is being done by fragile, small piece which may not be able to withstand it that much. That's why when you try to use a steel knife to cut a steel block, your knife will get damaged more than the block. Because the steel tip of the blade is more fragile due to being...well...thin.

Dex-chan lover
And? Can you easily cut steel with steel? Of course not.

An object of equal hardness can 'scratch' given material, but you need either a very specific construction (teeth) or an object of much higher hardness to actually cut it with a straight edged blade. The sword at most would cause some minor scratches to her from holding it.

Remember that the harder the material is, the more force is needed to separate its atoms, while the separation is being done by fragile, small piece which may not be able to withstand it that much. That's why when you try to use a steel knife to cut a steel block, your knife will get damaged more than the block. Because the steel tip of the blade is more fragile due to being...well...thin.
Ok... But we aren't talking about a "thin knife" against a much thicker block of the same material, were talking about a sword made out of an alloy including her scales. It was two (or three) of the strongest materials and her scales.
That's neither a 1:1 ratio of material nor a small to large size comparison.
Sure, the only size comparison we have is when either of the childhood friends hold it (one by the blade directly, fingers curled around blade) but when she holds it the blade certainly doesn't look like a "small knife" but instead a "thick sword".

So. Not "equal material smaller size" but "stronger material equal size."

Dex-chan lover
Hope he gets to use it to the fullest soon (without breaking it)

Users who are viewing this thread