Dungeon Reset - Ch. 51

Contributor
@yasm:

Indeed. What I thought was interesting is they introduced the sun orbs a few chapters ago that provided light and warmth for plants to grow underground... and then didn't use them. The light in the temple is just sort of magically there XD Which I guess isn't totally out of the question.

Anyway. I could get it if the idea was, that he stuck the uprooted and ready-to-harvest riceplants in the ground, irrespective of whether or not they can grow like that, set the trap, and called it a day. Rice-trap "fields", perfectly farmable but not capable of growing anything. That's not how it's presented, though? But, if the author thought it through that's the only way this even works.

Now, to be clear, I have no idea if rice takes well to transplanting as an adult. It might be feasible. Normally you wouldn't (you'd transplant seedlings, if at all—why would you move a plant ready for harvesting instead of just harvesting it?). But either way rice is usually an annually-planted crop (though I just looked it up and apparently it can be kind-of perennial in tropics, but this isn't that), so planting adult, harvest-able plants nearing the end of their life-cycle is totally pointless—they'd just die after this harvest anyway—except, as here, for the purpose of being "reset".

...At which point he could have saved himself a lot of trouble using picked and processed rice in a "trap", instead, methinks XD

Dex-chan lover
Rereading this. It seems obvious that what happens in the following chapters is because they just plopped their temple in the middle of an opposing faction's territory.

Users who are viewing this thread