Dungeon Reset - Ch. 58

?? I'm confused
How is the quality better than the other one that they're claiming to be of higher quality?
At the very least, the typesetting seems less experienced and translation/grammar is uhm, questionable at parts.

Dex-chan lover
Year of our lord, 2020, and scanlator drama still happens?

I think the "high quality" moniker refers to the JPEG artifacts looking crisper. 😆

Seriously though, it looks like the images went through a sharpen filter, which doesn't work for two reasons:
[ol][*]It accentuates JPEG artifacts.
[*]The original art uses some kind of stylized colouring and texturing. You can tell that the blacks are saturated in some kind of iridescent colors, and sharpening accentuates those too.[/ol]

Power Uploader
if you're having trouble comparing the two, look at the TS in the last bit of both chapters. ours obviously has better centering. you can also look at the SFX. we did them all consistently.

Power Uploader
@lenny123 @OgWrench
We asked for temporary collab and they're acting childish because it wasn't permanent.
Their ego got the best of them since Flame Scans is bigger now, and well, Vale Scans can't do make much on their own.
They were given notice more than 2 weeks ahead that the end of the collab was coming.
They whined about it, as children normally do. So I delayed it as much as I could.
Chapter 55 was the last chapter of full collab.
Chapter 56 we used some of Vale Scan's work but had our own KTL as well,
nothing from Flame Scans was used for chapter 56. We had our own CL and raw provider (Franco).
Chapter 57 we released completely solo.
I don't look for drama, but when people ask questions I don't mind responding.
They didn't do poor work, though Flame Scans was much lazier then compared to now.
Vale only did TL, Flames mostly only did TS. I wanted Flame to do more, but they always had me do the SFX.
Moral of the story is, we are not going to drop the series.
They can snipe and whine like children.

-edited to add OgWrench

Power Uploader
@fangy25
No MTL was used. We have an experienced KTL that has done dozens of chapter of KTL work on other series for us, such as Ooparts.
Obviously there will be difference in TL, but ours is the more accurate of the two. Just look at the very last bubble for example. They TL/PR'd it wrong.
Though in all honesty i did have to re-PR during QC for this chapter to make sure there were difference between the two groups' chapters.

Double-page supporter
I don't know Japanese so I cannot really say much about quality (since graphically...they seem to be just about the same). What I can say however is that this little war is rather childish.

It's something you are supposed to do as a hobby. Supposed to...since at the very least openly saying you're doing it for the money is a "free" ticket to court, anyway. So...tell me. Why the hell fling dirt at one another?! I mean, the other side at least talked about the collaboration outcome (which is not directly related to the work done), but you're just childishly downplaying their work...

It's simple. Two+ sides want to translate the same manga?!...Translate it, let the viewers decide which one to read...ignore the existence of others. If you're doing it for money, you're "in the wrong". If you're doing it for "head pats"...you're going to get them anyway. If for fame...well, what you're going to get with a drama is infamy instead.

I'll say this as a reader. Ultimately, barely anyone you release for cares about anything but your work, aka. the chapters. And they care about getting the best version of the work, in their opinion. That is why, from a readers perspective, a variety to pick from is a good thing. Hence why monopolies in the business world are fought against by government.

If you have something else as a goal than 'feeling good for bringing the story to people that don't know Korean', then fight with good work, and let the results speak for themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread