Dungeon Reset - Ch. 58

Double-page supporter
@bingbingmeup Ever heard of "honor among thieves"? Even criminals had some sort of code of honor at one point. As I understand it, the same is true of the scanlation scene, precisely to avoid drama like this. There was a set of guidelines detailing the way groups interacted with each other and with the series they claimed, in order to prevent anything that might attract the attention of the long arm of the law.

Double-page supporter
Um...As if there is any chance that the long arm of the law doesn't know about this site or ones of its ilk...

It's really just a matter of the publisher not caring enough. Maybe their numbers are working out anyway, maybe they find it to work as advertisement (which pretty much all research studies about piracy support to be 'a thing', as pirated goods either sell around the expectations or better), maybe they just don't think there's much to gain from taking it down.

It's not like fansubs are a mysterious, elite, invite-only club. All you need to do is type "<Manga name> online" and voila.

Power Uploader
@lenny123

I don’t mind. Everyone is free to read whichever version they enjoy. If you would ever like evidence, just let me know. I’m not going to write a giant post and plaster it on discord like Vale did. When people ask, I answer. For the time being, I’ll continue to use my fun time making and reading manga, including this series. As I don’t make any profit from it, and our group hasn’t ever posted this series on YouTube.

Double-page supporter
Kinda makes me feel good when his friends acknowledge how much he can do.

Thanks for the update!

This version is objectively better, mostly because of the extra work that went into redrawing the SFX. However the other version is not bad either, and both groups clearly put some work into it. I think it's more a difference of skills than anything else.

So far I haven't seen proof coming from either side to support their version of the story. This makes it look like both sides are making stuff up and/or hiding something. Putting together the pieces, I think what actually happened was that Graviity ended the collab unilaterally and failed to communicate it properly/clearly, which made Vale & co feel betrayed/hurt. So Vale & co went against Graviity's wishes and continued to release this series, at their own pace, which happens to be faster than DEVMAX's. But Graviity took that as a snipe, and so both groups are stubbornly attacking each other.

It's sad that it has come to this. If I was Graviity I'd apologise and give Flame/Vale another shot at a collab, and if I was them I'd accept it (or just drop it altogether and go do something else). But given all the accusations thrown around, it'd be pretty tough for either side to step back and admit wrongdoing. 😐

EDIT: in the interest of transparency, Graviity sent me a screenshot as evidence that he did communicate the end of collab clearly to Vale's leader. Interpret that as you will. If true, this means the disagreement may have arisen from their initial arrangement, where Vale/Flame assumed it was more permanent and/or would transition into the other groups taking over eventually.

@yasm i totally agree to what you are saying.
Neither of them want to admit being wrong. One says he anounced the end of the collab and the others didnt want to. The other one says he never anounced it. The problem is definitly the communication about the end of the collab.

why tf is his dragon apostle getting annoyed by him doing something amazing? he must be jealous, what a selfish person...

Meanwhile, I'm like the rabbit. I lack the skills to tell where balls being thrown will land.

Users who are viewing this thread