Dungeon Reset

Fed-Kun's army
This is an interesting manga. Quite different than other ones.

1. It is a kind of "slice of life" manga. The central story is a relatively weak element. It is there, I can see them slowly discovering all the breadcrumbs, the manga is definitely not rushing to show the story in an "everyone watch how smart story I wrote!" kind of way.

2. It is a type of "Weak hero with useless skill becomes OP". But unlike a lot of bad mangas of that style, the hero's skill is not "well, obviously it is an OP skill", and the hero also does not become OP immediately. But he slowly gathers a bunch of useless skills and builds on them thanks to his hard work, perseverance, and inventiveness.

3. It is not a manga that builds on combat. There is crafting, cooking, and building.

The strongest skill of this dude is digging, which he got by manually digging for a long time, and then more and more until he maxed the skill and was able to make stuff out of mud. Turns out that making a mud wall on a spot can be quite useful.

4. Hero is not "I am so cool" or "I am so strong" asshole, but a rather wholesome person who likes hard work and good food.

Double-page supporter
This is an interesting manga. Quite different than other ones.

1. It is a kind of "slice of life" manga. The central story is a relatively weak element. It is there, I can see them slowly discovering all the breadcrumbs, the manga is definitely not rushing to show the story in an "everyone watch how smart story I wrote!" kind of way.

2. It is a type of "Weak hero with useless skill becomes OP". But unlike a lot of bad mangas of that style, the hero's skill is not "well, obviously it is an OP skill", and the hero also does not become OP immediately. But he slowly gathers a bunch of useless skills and builds on them thanks to his hard work, perseverance, and inventiveness.

3. It is not a manga that builds on combat. There is crafting, cooking, and building.

The strongest skill of this dude is digging, which he got by manually digging for a long time, and then more and more until he maxed the skill and was able to make stuff out of mud. Turns out that making a mud wall on a spot can be quite useful.

4. Hero is not "I am so cool" or "I am so strong" asshole, but a rather wholesome person who likes hard work and good food.
This is a long way of saying that there's no stakes, nothing of value happens, and the story isn't going anywhere.

Fed-Kun's army
This is a long way of saying that there's no stakes, nothing of value happens, and the story isn't going anywhere.
But that is not true. Quite a lot of things happened. We know much more about the dungeon than we knew before. Also, the "lack of plot" is typical for Slice of Life types of stories. Take all the cooking animes as an example.

The question is: What do you expect should have happened?

Double-page supporter
But that is not true. Quite a lot of things happened. We know much more about the dungeon than we knew before. Also, the "lack of plot" is typical for Slice of Life types of stories. Take all the cooking animes as an example.

The question is: What do you expect should have happened?
Something interesting should happen. Almost 200 chapters in and there’s nothing interesting anymore.

Dex-chan lover
I think there are only a handful of isekais with actual real stakes lol. I think that's the only real thing that I'd say is wrong with this manga though. This is one of the few slice of life mangas I've enjoyed as there's actually a sense of progression throughout the story and he doesn't stay in the same location forever, which would be boring as hell.

Double-page supporter
I think there are only a handful of isekais with actual real stakes lol. I think that's the only real thing that I'd say is wrong with this manga though. This is one of the few slice of life mangas I've enjoyed as there's actually a sense of progression throughout the story and he doesn't stay in the same location forever, which would be boring as hell.
I do agree with you. But the progression is boring after 200+chapters. MC is virtually invincible now, has all the comforts, and doesn’t seem close at all to solving the secrets of this isekai world. He definitely isn’t close to going home. And the side characters are stacking up. It’s just boring.

Users who are viewing this thread