Dungeon Tou de Yadoya wo Yarou! Souzou Mahou wo Moratta Ore no Hosoude Hanjouki - Vol. 4 Ch. 22

Fed-Kun's army
Even with the minor mistakes, I appreciate you for picking this up, i definitely prefer it to not having these translated at all, since the other guy is MIA. Thank you for the hard work!

Dex-chan lover
So the commander is the equivalent of a beta incel in our world huh
More like a womanlet with a stack of undesirable traits bound by her social awkwardness and a lack of drive for things outside her job.
The closest thing I can imagine, is a rotund, short, ugly-ish guy who spent his youth studying and geeking out, and now earns a decent salary as an engineer. To find someone who gives a shit about his collection of anatomically accurate figurines and has a comparable education/salary is hard. Many of those women can do better, which leaves that imaginary dude spending his saturday nights putting on new panties on his dolls, instead of connecting with other people.

Now, as for the manga character, I'm absolutely sure that she knows that if she got into an arranged marriage with someone of appropriate status, she'd get a spouse who neither respects nor loves her, 'cause she'd be scraping the bottom of the dating pool. That, in turn, makes screwing around with ship models and avoiding the opposite gender a reasonable choice, if she doesn't woman up and fix her shit.

You know translator-san, you can just use the term "trident" in that part... do they even have an actual word for trident???
The author could have used "トライデント" (the katakana version) or 三叉槍 (with the kanji for 3, fork and spear) or 三叉戟 (in this case, the last kanji is for halberd, in a more military specific version of the word). I guess he used "銛" (harpoon) in order to relate it directly to fishing and not to a possible offensive/defensive use, grammatically speaking... MC isn't exactly skillful with weapons

Scuba diving implies a lot of specific equipment,but most specifically the Self-Contained Underwater Breathing Apparatus (or, SCUBA) that allows us to breathe underwater. He most assuredly was referencing skinny diving (and if anyone is curious, skinny dipping, the more common term, comes from how usually naked swimming doesn't go much past the surface, so it's a shallow dip, rather than a dive) with referring to how the soldiers found him and got excited.
Actually, that's reason why I did not use "scuba diving". The author simply implied that MC went fishing naked with the trident and the soldiers discovered him

Dex-chan lover
Good job man, I would change to font to wild words as thats something I've come to prefer from reading manga after so many years
With that said thank you for giving me more of the kind officer lady, I WANT TO KNOW HER NAME AAAAAAAAAAAA
Kind_officer_lady_kabedon.jpg

Actually, that's reason why I did not use "scuba diving". The author simply implied that MC went fishing naked with the trident and the soldiers discovered him
Maybe it should have been skin diving, this from scubadiverlife.com "Skin diving. A somewhat antiquated term, skin diving refers to a mix of snorkeling and freediving. A skin diver spends time at the surface, looking down on the landscape below while breathing through a snorkel, and does breath-hold dives, swimming down to observe interesting objects or marine life. Many advanced snorkelers practice skin diving ..."

Dex-chan lover
Yes, that's why I went through all the explanation for the person in https://forums.mangadex.org/threads...ouki-vol-4-ch-22.1287652/page-2#post-17662273 who said "the translation might have been scuba diving", to show why it was not.

Maybe it should have been skin diving, this from scubadiverlife.com "Skin diving. A somewhat antiquated term, skin diving refers to a mix of snorkeling and freediving. A skin diver spends time at the surface, looking down on the landscape below while breathing through a snorkel, and does breath-hold dives, swimming down to observe interesting objects or marine life. Many advanced snorkelers practice skin diving ..."
No. Skin diving is diving without the use of any equipment but a snorkel. As I already clarified for you, the original term is 'skinny-dipping' for swimming in the nude, but 'dip' when cognate to 'swim' means 'shallowly', as in within the first 1~3m of water (in short, about 1~2 human body height), while 'dive' means 'deeply', or any distance past that, and so it being referred to as "skinny diving" when diving for crustaceans (that live on the ocean floor and thus, by necessity, require one to go lower than necessary for a dip) is correct.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You're wrong, cover page. The mark of an attractive woman is a flat chest.

Dex-chan lover
God, the medic is so hot. She needs to be a main heroine. She's clearly the best looking so far.

I don't get it, why isn't he boning them yet? They are clearly all up for it, he keeps on mentioning that he wants to, and yet he never invites them?
same reason women don't fuck every single guy they meet by selecting high value men they maintain their own value. also it's fun to fuck with people that are into you. I'm sure he'll fuck the commander girl eventually.

Dex-chan lover
same reason women don't fuck every single guy they meet by selecting high value men they maintain their own value. also it's fun to fuck with people that are into you. I'm sure he'll fuck the commander girl eventually.
That argument would only work if we subtracted "he keeps on mentioning he wants to".

Sorry guys, but it will take me a few days to translate the next chapter (unfortunately I have to work...:haa:)

Dex-chan lover
Sorry guys, but it will take me a few days to translate the next chapter (unfortunately I have to work...:haa:)
Dude chill, I'm (trying) to TL Kinsou no Vermeil and I haven't made a chapter in almost two months due to a lack of contact between me and my translator
It sucks being able to do everything but translate.
At least you're capable of that, and I can respect you for it.
Also food on the table is more important than anime tiddies on the screen.

Dex-chan lover
hey respect on the translations brother it may be a bit rough but it's accurate and readable which is the most important part

Users who are viewing this thread