Duranki - Vol. 1 Ch. 6 - Beast of Legend

Now this is some serious Berserk vibes. Reminds me of Guts’ first encounter with Zodd.

Dex-chan lover
Hey look gunpowder, I'm sure no conflict will come out of this.

Dex-chan lover
plot twist : i guess the villagers actually worship this manticore , and they regularly kick children down to this cave as sacrifice meat , lol .

page 8 : the manticore is eating some kind of furry creature .

Dex-chan lover
page 4 : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunpowder .

Gunpowder / black powder = sulfur (S) + charcoal (C) + potassium nitrate (saltpeter, KNO3).

and she uses saltpeter from cattle 's dung to preserve meat ?

@daywithoutgames I thought so too while reading, the old men ignore the scream but try to stop Usum from going in the hole. They are either terrified of the being or are trying to tame it for the future using sacrifices, while keeping it a secret to "notGuts".

Moment I saw that combination she made, I instantly recall Dr. Stone and Drifters.

Gunpowder1!!

Aggregator gang
Fucking gunpowder in the EARLY BRONZE AGE! COME ON! Like really even gunpowder wasn't created until the 9th century! DURING THE MIDDLE AGES!

@Mnuchinboo We actually don’t know when gunpowder was formally invented but it has been around far before the Middle Ages. A Chinese alchemist called Wei Boyang was the first person to give the chemical composition of gunpowder and he wrote it in 142 AD, most archaeologists agree it was discovered some time in China in the first millennium BC, the reason you think it was invented then is because that’s when it moved from just fireworks to weapons and this isn’t the early Bronze Age, the reason I know this is that there was an actual king kirta of the hurrian people who is dated to the late Bronze Age around 1200 BC from his epic and the fact that they are even using bronze scale armour and referenced the Phoenicians is actually a give away. The gunpowder is an anachronism but not an unbelievable one since the way she discovered it and the material were actually freely available.

I was gonna say this boss fits to be in dark souls then I remembered the Sanctuary Guardian exist...

Users who are viewing this thread