E-Rank Healer - Ch. 15

Dex-chan lover
Interesting. The old man definitely seems suspicious. I wonder what his goal is. I thought Mamari would've been in on it too but her reaction here seemed genuine...

Dex-chan lover
@karolyn

He wants Pit Viper, but something more potent. Like a 1st shot, and your immediately addicted to it.

Something stronger than methamphetamine or cocaine.

Dex-chan lover
Pretty sure he just hate Carol cause she and her father are better than him lol.

@jimmyclear Hippocratic oath? This world doesn't necessarily have such things. That being said, obviously that guy is evil. Probably the guy behind pit viper giving the fact that his subordinate was collecting materials related to it in the previous chapter.

@rebel16 The problem is that Mamari clearly sees herself as superior (or equal) to Carol so I am at a loss to think of why she would trust Carol to treat her functional family. If I thought someone was not as educated as I was in a health-related subject, I wouldn't trust them with a job as important as treating my family. I guess you could say she was lying to herself about being on equal skill level to Carol, but quite honestly that's silly anyway because she doesn't like Carol and they only met a few days ago, and now she wants to encourage Carol to go just because she isn't prejudiced against orphans? This only works because Carol has little-to-no self respect and is in actuality incredibly skilled, if it were anyone else Mamari should be spilling the beans on why she gave Carol a different tea and what she's using those pit viper berries for before even getting the chance of asking Carol for a favor, and admit she was jealous of Carol and that Mamari is inferior.

The old man's reasoning for not wanting to visit is flimsy.
It's the orphanage where his disciple grew up in. He has a pretty good reason to visit if he wanted to without looking like he would visit just anybody who asks for help.

Dex-chan lover
@Wolvenworks Presumably she's used to being treated like she's useless by people and so assumed that Carol was being sarcastic when she was explaining simple things to her and only just realized that Carol was seriously trying to be helpful... She just doesn't actually know what is common knowledge or not.

Dex-chan lover
@hmln yeah, makes me think the 3 of them are sick because of someones special restorative tea. It is probably pit viper mixed in with the tea trying to get them addicted and then the old man would try to use them

Dex-chan lover
I get the “slippery slope” but his tone comes off as a noble who sees commoners as tools to further his own goals

Fed-Kun's army
Right, room with the girl that definitely didn't try to poison you.
Mild embarrassment, or DEADLY POISON?

Dex-chan lover
Hey guys, the old man is innocent. I saw him at Electrical doing wires. He's good.

But seriously though, Mamari looked 100% the bad guy last chapter, and now we see that she might not be that evil.
The author might pull that off again with the old man next chapter, and twist our ankles with "It's the mayor all along" bs. Mamari looked afraid of the mayor too.
Man, I don't know who to trust. It's probably better to trust nobody, especially since this is a setting where the hero is an absolute scumbag.

Double-page supporter
@chilzhul OLD man is drug lord!
I saw him use the vents to get to the city and murder the director in the cafe since the director was about to call an emergency meeting!

Users who are viewing this thread