EDENS ZERO - Vol. 10 Ch. 83 - The Shot Heard Round the Underworld

Double-page supporter
This chapter is actually good. Remind me of old Rave's scenes.

@stebsis Wow. What is wrong with you? How is it asspull if it is just how all stories in the world are written? Something will happen and save the MC because he is the MC so he can't die or else the story is finished. Can you show me a story where the MC got kill and the story still continue? Knowing the MC will be saved doesn't take any enjoyment away from the scenes since we can feel the emotions. I don't understand why you don't like this and still read this to chapter 83 just to complain.

Dex-chan lover
I guess that space monster "Time Eater" or whatever is going to come soon and resets stuff in a way that Shiki is back.

Dex-chan lover
Shiki about to die and he says he will be Drakken's friend. What the actual fuck.

Such a great chapter in tension and emotion, and still there many negative comment. I see many people still have FT trauma (understandable though). But I hope you can remove FT out of your mind and read EZ with a fresh, open mind because it had been doing pretty well so far.

Dex-chan lover
@miyako19 while it's not a manga, chrono trigger (the video game) had the guts to kill the main character Chrono. and while yes there was a timeline where you COULD save him it wasn't an obvious one and it was entirely possible to continue on to the end of the game without him.

Aggregator gang
We pretty much know that time travel can happen in this series in a variety of ways, and Rebecca's ether gear being called leaper must and we not knowing what it does rings all different kinds of bells for me. It was cool and all, but if she leaps through time to before engaging in a battle against Drakken Joe, all they have to do is keep running.

Dex-chan lover
It has been told in the narration that Shiki died, so he died.

Whether he returns later in the story or not is beside the point, it is possible (and I heavily believe he will), but at this point, he died, and that's a different thing for Hiro Mashima to do.

Dex-chan lover
definitely wasnt expecting this, but im sure he'll be back by next chapter

Double-page supporter
Chapter 69 already showed us an alive future Shiki, so enjoy the contrived death of Superman fakeout.

I'd take this more seriously if I wasn't sure he'll be back.

I hope Mashima surprises me.

Fed-Kun's army
I was really suprised.. then I remembered I'm reading Mashima sensei's story...
Now let's wait for Rebecca to leap through time and Shiki becaming friend with the bad guys!

Dex-chan lover
MC got killed off, and only 36+ comments. Speaks volumes about what we know of the author's MO.

Users who are viewing this thread