EDENS ZERO - Vol. 8 Ch. 67 - Someone to Love

Contributor
Karma is a bitch, but so is that "mother". Bet ya I know who is the bigger bitch.

Supporter
Homura's judgment was too easy and regardless of what was agreed upon right before that it was not based on Kurenai's deeds but solely on Homura's feelings. I am confused why everyone smiles happily. If Cedric hadn't coincidentally found and ambushed her Kurenai would have gotten off completely unpunished and could have just continued her plan to destroy the slums and kill everyone.

Dex-chan lover
@Elhao

Or, you know, she had lost all her power and influence. And someone else would've sooner or later killed her or worse.

Dex-chan lover
Well, expected flow of the plot, but still i guess it was done nicely.

As for Valkyrie, i get the feeling that she could be fixed or revived, but she won't be the same as before, and probably Homura would have to become a mentor for the revived Valkyrie.

Now, next we have the confrontation with that mafia like guy (forgot his name), and the plot of him hacking that Satellite and targeting Eden Zero.

Dex-chan lover
Mashima, I know how you like to revive your characters. So maybe, you know, do it now?

Dex-chan lover
Man, I remember those days long gone when Mashima didn't revive his characters.

Dex-chan lover
@Elhao

Because it'd take influence and wealth to leave this place now. Things which Kurenai no longer has.

The whole world feared her, it didn't love and revere her. She ruled it with power and terror. Which means, bereft of her tools and weapons, the whole world hates her and sincerely wishes for her to suffer and die.

Homura's stark refusal to have "anything" to do with her also means "you are getting nothing from me, not protection, not assistance, you are left to your fate". And now she's going to be the sex toy of her victims, maybe she'll work off some of the pain and grudges of however many thousands of people she's killed while laughing at their deaths.

@Nakanowatari

She IS a machine. Even if she's heavily damaged, there's still a chance.

Aggregator gang
Homura's mother will be the new plaything of those guys haha. She deserves to suffer a lot before getting killed.

Dex-chan lover
Oh damn, I thought he said he wasn't going to make works as "dark" as Rave master anymore!

Will he keep this tone, cause I'd be fully down with that

...I guess I should be satisfied she's at the mercy of thugs because she got a little lippy while she ran away?

Group Leader
Wow... never thought I'd see Mashima Hiro doing an ending to an arc like that! That was actually satisfying, screw nakama power, THIS is how you write an ending!

Glad they didn't let her off scot-free like that. I really hate when a villain does extremely horrible things and cause of a hero's goody goody complex they just let them go. She deserves punishment for all her actions, all the deaths, all the torture, all the slavery and more. Would have been pissed if not for the gang at the end. Hopefully, they are giving her the karma she deserves.

Damn, I'm proud of Mashima for following through. I was groaning until the last shoe finally dropped for that bitch.

I'm glad Hiro Mashima didn't give Kurenai some kind of tragic backstory or redemption. It's too often that he goes soft on his characters.

Users who are viewing this thread