EDENS ZERO

Double-page supporter
@bastek66 what about Tezuka? (Just to know, I don't see a repeat in his works, but I don't know much about him at the same time).

Also, while I like his previous works, Rave Master and Fairy Tail had only 1 character completely copied (excluding mascots) (the mage with tatoo around eye). But at the same time, the artstyle changed a lot between rave and fairy tail. But here, half of the characters are straight out coming from fairy tail.

Dex-chan lover
I'm not sure if putting similar faces that spouts "nakama powah" is the best decision you could make for a new work. I am guessing this is exclusively for the fans.

Pls stop with the bullshit to wait days to post stuff those guys should just eat shait

Dex-chan lover
That first chapter was really good - got me a case of ninjas cutting onions.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Ovnidemon

1 completely copied (excluding Plue) is correct but there are also some 80% similar characters. Musica (Silver spear dude) is Grey (Naked Ice dude)

Elie is Lucy.

Why does mashima not use any unique designs for the main charaCters??

He legit just recycles the same characters for the main cast every time lmao

Double-page supporter
@Nep For grey, Lucy, ... the designs are similar but not their characters. Ellie is quick to temper, Lucy is an hardworking Klutz. Grey looks constantly to battle with Natsu, while Musica doesn't have this competitive edge.

While the mage with the tatoo have pretty much the same character: cold at the beginning, try to redeem himself and open up a bit.

Fed-Kun's army
Hmm so bootleg one piece, travel from planet to with each planet having its own mini story but since Mashima doesn’t have Goda’s level of planning the mini stories feel less one piece and more dragon ball GT’ish.
Skip

Dex-chan lover
Why does mashima not use any unique designs for the main charaCters??

It's like having a signature. You know how those JRPGs reuse the same monster designs all the time throughout different games even remaking them in 3D? Even if you might forget Mashima's style or even if his style changes too much, just seeing Plue or Happy makes you think, "Oh, it's from that author again". Same with JRPGs: e.g. if you see a Moogle, you know it's a Final Fantasy game.

So much hate and complains about the character design etc. I don't understand. I super LOVE it. Say anything about recycled characters, it makes me chuckles (in a good way) whenever I see any tiny resemblance but honestly they are different. At least from my perspective. (And I'm happy to see HAPPY again!! wooohooo!!)

I think the character's appearances all look unique in their own way ( with certain exceptions), however my main concern is the character traits of each of these characters. Shiki is straight-up just Natsu with black hair. They do look different, but act in a very similar fashion. To me it would have been refreshing to have a protagonist that wasnt just a carbon copy from another manga. At this point I'd say the anthropomorphic cats is just a fun little inside joke for readers of Mashima's work. Despite all of this, it's Mashima Hiro. All the good things that made me want to read Fairy Tail (and it's spin-offs) are present in Eden's Zero and for that I will gladly continue reading this. 😊

Dex-chan lover
Shiki is straight-up just Natsu with black hair.

I haven't read very far into Fairy Tail, but with just the first few chapters, I thought Shiki is 10x more adorable than Natsu.

Is there ecchi in here...?

As of now, plenty of fanservice from Rebecca, and a some sideboob shots from the sword girl.

a protagonist that wasnt just a carbon copy from another manga.

except all of Mashima Hiro's manga all have the exact same type of male MC... it's a sort of trend of his now, lol

and always the same Lucy and Happy.

These 3 will ALWAYS be in his series. Just with slight different personalities.

Users who are viewing this thread