Edogawa Osamu's Anthology - Ch. 21 - Just One Wish

Dex-chan lover
Yeap. Slowly and surely the suffering returns. Luckily this wholesome demon is there

Dex-chan lover
I expected that, but it's still nice. The last line is a bit strange though. Is it supposed to be connected to what the devil said about giving the kid one more wish? Or is it supposed to be completely separate from it? Unless the twist is that the kid wanted the devil to become his child.

Gap

@Tersione The demon sort of 'commanded' the child to wish for one more thing: for the child to wish he can become the demon's child. It's a non-contract wish, though, since the kid already gave up his soul by using his previous wish (the hug).

@amir1373 It's not that the demon will give the kid one more wish in exchange for "adoption", when the kid used up his previous wish (the hug) he already became a demon, so now the big demon himself wants to take care of the kid out of kindness, ironically (he's a demon : O).

I think a clearer TL like this would've been less misleading:
Demon: I will allow you one more wish...
Demon: You may become my child.
The idea is that the demon wants something, but is too prideful so he says it in a way that's like 'it's not like I want you to be my child, I'm allowing you to be my child'.

the last part doesnt make much sense :/ is the devil allowing the kid have one more wish if he becomes the devils child? i hope hes nice to him >.< hes already been through soo much yet hes still a little teeny bopper <3

Users who are viewing this thread