Eiyuu no Musume Toshite Umarekawatta Eiyuu wa Futatabi Eiyuu o Mezasu - Vol. 4 Ch. 20.1

Dex-chan lover
whoa, thieves and kidnappers seem op in that world, being the sources of most problem.

Ugh why is it that the random store they went into just happened to be owned by Nicole's acquaintance's father? And said acquaintance has been kidnapped by bandits? And these bandits are forcing the store to get Flower Queen's oak?? What kind of logic escalates from stealing from monsters (something adventurers normally do, might I add) to kidnap for ransom?? This author is a shit GM for an RPG.

And another thing, the store owner refused to buy the seeds because he's afraid the Flower Queen will retaliate - this doesn't make sense because the elusive Flower Queen lives in the mountains and doesn't go into town to mess up shops that sell their seeds.

Dex-chan lover
@weyrI I wouldn't say this is a leap in logic since it's not just some random store, this is a trading company, meaning a lot of the miscellaneous trading in that area goes through that particular location. The bandits kidnapping the daughter was a retaliation caused by the trading company president refusing to buy the seeds (which is fair when you consider that these are thieves skilled and crazy enough to go after the Treant's seeds.) I'm not sure why they requested the Flower Queen's Oak though, maybe a task to force the trading company president to anger the Flower Queen directly? As for the refusing to buy out of fear, considering that the seeds are essentially Treant children, it makes sense for someone who doesn't do much adventuring to fear that an intelligent and powerful creature such as the Flower Queen and Treants would seek out retribution, and given you would need to advertise having the seeds to sell them for profit whoever is selling them legally is in a dangerous position to be the first ones under attack. Also, it's not too farfetched for the MC to know the daughter of a trading company president, given the prestige of the school they go to.

Dex-chan lover
@weyr - in the novel, they make it clear that the Flower Queen's army of treants is about as dangerous as a human army. This is an elven kingdom, so they live in peace with them, but if the Queen got angry, taking over Raum is not out of question. Thus, dealing with products stolen from her is very, very illegal. Not something a big company would want to get involved in.

How long is this quest chain? From 'get nectar' it turned to 'get thieves' then now 'get daughter'

Dex-chan lover
Brilliant logic by the thieves here. Oh, the president does not want to do business with us? Lets kidnap his daughter and hold her as a hostage/for ransom until he delivers something to us. They went right from being normal people more or less (depending on how taking the seeds is viewed) to flat out kidnapping a high valued target, extortion, and taking a hostage and holding them for ransom.

Remember, they are sketchy af, and the one thing sketchy people love is bringing even more attention to themselves while handing out their exact location (since they demanded a ransom and all).

Dex-chan lover
My god where did the grammar go? The flow of events were good but I couldn't understand the sentences from the characters too well

Dex-chan lover
For those curious how much longer this will take. It won’t take much longer

There are plot spoilers for the next number of chapters below
Basically, Nicole will do solo action at night. KILL most of the kidnappers assassin style, somehow also retrieve the seeds, save her kidnapped classmate, drops classmate and seeds off somewhere people can see, and then kill off the last kidnapper who is supposedly thief/assassin type in a secluded area.

Eventually after that, they return to get the honey, make the medicine, and then Nicole gets fed mouth to mouth by Cortina and Fiina. This process takes a while since it has to be administered this way.

Then after an investigation, Nicole’s actions being like her past self get the Heroes attention.

It is later revealed that Reincarnation magic was used on dead Reid by Maria. And the Heroes assume that Reid successfully reincarnated but for some reason not revealing himself. After another event, one of the six Heroes, Maxwell figures out Nicole is Reid’s reincarnation. Basically Maxwell finds it hilarious and decides to keep the secret to see how things play out. Also he blackmails Reid since the phrase “I’ll do anything” was used. Nicole also gets back her signature weapons.

There are also a bit where both Maria and Lyell take this life extension potion. And regain their youth and have their lives extended. This is mostly Cortina not wanting to lose more of her cherished comrades, especially since Reid died covering her escape to get help. And both Maria and Lyell are humans who have shorter lifespans compared to the rest of the Heroes.

Dex-chan lover
@hayatekanzaki thank you. I’m not usually a fan of spoilers but I was seriously thinking about dropping this as this whole fetch quest has been ridiculously boring. But what comes next sounds amazing

Double-page supporter
isnt convinient that the very first place they tried to investigate has the clue that they needed to have..? but i guess that fine, better than having them waste panels which would be bad considering how short things are already...

Users who are viewing this thread