Eiyuu no Musume Toshite Umarekawatta Eiyuu wa Futatabi Eiyuu o Mezasu - Vol. 4 Ch. 22.2

@Anchira i think you misunderstood the last one, she didn’t just brought him into any house, she brought him to the lumberyard / the one where he took down the last villains. There are some trees around, albeit not shown fully. That place also became his training ground hence her ‘battlefield’.

Double-page supporter
she actually revealed her past identity, hopefully that there wont be any thing like "someone" saw them and heard everything...

Dex-chan lover
Ah I see now why it was axed, the fight from webnovel was damn brutal compared to this. :/

Double-page supporter
Hold up. Why was the "next update 9/15" even translated at the bottom of the previous installment if that's old news....

Dex-chan lover
Anyone have a link to the web novel?

I wanna know how this ends now the manga is ending

I do understand the people who say the fights in this manga feel boring but I personally like them. They feel kind of grounded. Don't get me wrong I do love flashy fights my favorite of all being the last fight between black star and mifune from soul eater but there's just tons of manga out there with flashy endless fighting sequences.
A fight between assassins would end spontaneously like this if one of the combatants chose to hide their gift of secrecy like the mc does. I kind of dread the moment where magic becomes a bigger factor in the story and this will start to feel like any other shounen manga as the mc becomes more powerful.

Dex-chan lover
I also like the fight scenes here, the enemies seems naturally Human. Not like some thug that randomly swings a sword and at times theres a "genius" thug. This manga show's that human enemies have their way of thinking, the one that really left an impression is the guy that was using a shield with a hostage, he had the perfect scenario but then god came down giving silver eye, and blowing that guy a new hole which was kinda sad.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for translating

That's too bad, the story premise was pretty interesting.

Double-page supporter
Ah... finding the manga adaption of this fight kinda disappointing (and too abridged from what I remember). Also I expected a bit more from the house infiltration. A shame.

In any case, I'd spell out what happened here, as it isn't super obvious. This opponent had developed their stealth gift in a way Reid hadn't imagined - using it to mislead in combat. Nicole never used her own stealth gift, until the very end as a trump card. Simply put, she didn't let on that she had such an ability at all. She used it right as he thought he had won. At the very instant his eyes followed the katana flying out of her hands, Nicole activated her stealth gift. Just a fraction of a second was deadly.

Now this event will have consequences -
Everyone has realized Reid is back, with Maxwell figuring out Nicole is Reid. Traces of wire being used on the house, disappearing piano wire from the school, too many such events shorty after Nicole came to town. Well the next event cements that further.

@Justking14
Well the translation for the novel is in progress and nowhere near the end of the story. I've read ahead to the end though. In any case you can find it here
https://www.novelupdates.com/series/reborn-as-the-heros-daughter-time-to-become-the-hero-once-more-wn/
If you don't want to read from the beginning, I'd say read from 82 (going back slightly) because this arc was better done in the novel.

Dex-chan lover
That was rather disappointing. What was even the point of going to the lumber yard?

Dex-chan lover
I was reading this manga because I wanted to know why this manga was cancelled. And now I know.

...looking at Nicole really makes me think that Reid was actually really weak. He never really trained his gifts and an embarassment for an assassin.

Using Stealth/Secrecy as much as possible is normal for an assassin, and he never thought of using it actual combat and only in assassination? Because if he did, he would have easily found out that using Stealth/Secrecy can make someone vanish temporarily even when in CQC.

His old use of Thread Manipulation was also too conventional. Binding things, hooking things, that's normal. He never thought of using lighter weapon combined with threads for medium range combat? And I'm not even sure what's the science behind wrapping your limbs with only so much threads could improve someone's strength so much.

As an ex-assassin that found that she actually still have his old gifts, how come she never truly trained them again until years later? She should have known the dark side of the world, Reid was famous as the best assassin in the world! Also, an assassin that never wear disguises and never contemplated of using poison? What a blasphemy!

And Maxwell also mentioned that Reid was also weak in magic. Add with how stupid as an assassin Nicole was since she left so many traces, I think maybe Reid was far weaker than the other five heroes?

And if everyone easily found out later that Nicole was Reid, I think making Reid reincarnated into a girl is a really stupid move by the author. What about Finia and Cortina's feelings? What would you think Lyell and Maria's reaction would be, knowing that Nicole actually have Reid's memories and personality, a perverted adult male?

Users who are viewing this thread