Eiyuu-ou, Bu wo Kiwameru tame Tensei su ~Soshite, Sekai Saikyou no Minarai Kishi♀~ - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
I would like to share this work of art portraying my feelings towards un-filtered MTL (Machine Translation).

kYPUdZT.png

Double-page supporter
Some people do take pleasure in crapping out a nice steaming piece of MTL'D turd, but I'm gonna give you the benefit of the the doubt and assume you had good intentions. If you are of the latter, please remove the chapter and next time use 2 mtl sources, a kanji dictionary and a proof reader or a human translator

Dex-chan lover
FYI, this has been licensed by J Novel Club, and they’ve already translated past this point. At this point, the only reason you’d read this version is if you can’t afford the subscription - which isn’t even that much.
Or be like in my country and gatekeeped to stay outside. Its a really big trend recently excluding many countries/continents for basically no reason. But yes if the official translation is already past that it doesnt make sense for any group picking it up.

Dex-chan lover
I shall assume Best Intentions here, but.... this MTL falls short.

The biggest problem is, as usual, not necessarily the MTL itself, but the fact that it's translated to a language the translator painfully obvious isn't proficient in.

Basic rule of fist: If you cannot write an article/essay in [any language/any subject], to a standard that will pass serious highschool/college-level first-reading with only minor corrections for grammar/spelling... Don't try to translate in that language.

And always, always get a proofreader who is actually fluent in the target language.
Which does not mean "native speaker"... But rather someone who has been wrangling the target language long enough to know the pitfalls and tricks n00bs step in blindly.

Especially when it comes to english. Basic english is pretty easy. Proper english is actually as complicated as japanese civility and propriety.

Missing Pages Reporter / Double Page Reader
Staff
Super Moderator
Quality aside, I’m convinced that there’s a couple pages missing, and to me that’s a cardinal sin.
yep.

@Kamijou10 your chapter is missing 4 entire pages from the jp raw as shown below:
1674366520996138251.jpg

16743665211064278587.jpg

1674366521902939897.jpg
1674366522292458710.jpg

Furthermore, it looks like you added the chapter number as the the chapter title as well:
image.png

I have gone ahead and fixed this for you already.

Lastly, like others have mentioned, this series does already have an official english version. Your release is technically still allowed, but imo it is generally recommended to try and support official releases and work on series without an official translation.

Contributor
Or be like in my country and gatekeeped to stay outside. Its a really big trend recently excluding many countries/continents for basically no reason. But yes if the official translation is already past that it doesnt make sense for any group picking it up.
Huh. I could’ve sworn JNC was worldwide.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah the brother just randomly appeared and I had to go back to make sure I didn’t skip something
That was the dead giveaway.

FYI, this has been licensed by J Novel Club, and they’ve already translated past this point. At this point, the only reason you’d read this version is if you can’t afford the subscription - which isn’t even that much.
Oh? Wasn’t aware. Ty for telling me! 💡

Dex-chan lover
For your first attempt, and reading your "disclaimer" at the VERY beginning of the chapter (which it appears many commenters ignored) it's an okay job.
After this you should realize the importants of a little extra quality checking with some of the english in proof reading, as others said reddit or some other places might help out with it. but for a first time translator, it's admirable.
keep the discouraging remarks in mind partially, they are comparing your work to those who've done it for years or even groups together. solo works is very hard. take from this the good experience you have.

also. last point. There are many groups looking for help, and if you have the motivation to do a solo attempt, i'm sure many will accept motivated people to add to their team.

@Kamijou10, if you're reading this, you should definitely get a proofreader ASAP. You obviously need it. Reading your "translation" was quite honestly too painful hard I couldn't finish reading through the chapter. If you by some chance unsure to be able to fix the translation quickly, I think you should delete the chapter first so as not to prevent other translators from uploading their translation in the future. Thank you for trying.
ummm. recently well i'm try re-reading again, yeah it suck because this is the first time i'm translation and the extractor text kinda missed some word thougt. i like to reupload it with better translation, but i dont know how to do that. are this site allowed to reupload the chapter that had been posted. can you tell me how to do it. maybe afternoon i reupload this.

i'd like tu reupload this chapter for some part there are mtl or some mistranslate because the extractor text don't show the actual word for some kanji and hiragana. i'd like ru reupload this chap for better translation but i don't know how to do that. can someone tell me and yeah i working again to change the MTL and mistranslate too tu reupload this.

For your first attempt, and reading your "disclaimer" at the VERY beginning of the chapter (which it appears many commenters ignored) it's an okay job.
After this you should realize the importants of a little extra quality checking with some of the english in proof reading, as others said reddit or some other places might help out with it. but for a first time translator, it's admirable.
keep the discouraging remarks in mind partially, they are comparing your work to those who've done it for years or even groups together. solo works is very hard. take from this the good experience you have.

also. last point. There are many groups looking for help, and if you have the motivation to do a solo attempt, i'm sure many will accept motivated people to add to their team.
can you tell me which group are searching for help. and one thing, can i get paid from them?

sorry i'dont know where to contact the staff who administrative this section comment. but i'd like to reupload this chapter for better translation. which mean Do I have to delete this chapter or just replace the image that was uploaded directly.

yep.

@Kamijou10 your chapter is missing 4 entire pages from the jp raw as shown below:
1674366520996138251.jpg

16743665211064278587.jpg

1674366521902939897.jpg
1674366522292458710.jpg

Furthermore, it looks like you added the chapter number as the the chapter title as well:
image.png

I have gone ahead and fixed this for you already.

Lastly, like others have mentioned, this series does already have an official english version. Your release is technically still allowed, but imo it is generally recommended to try and support official releases and work on series without an official translation.
is that so? well sorry i don't know. i get the raw source from other website and then i checking the other site is same too. so, uhmm what i have to do? delete this chapter or let it be and fix the entire translate and add the missing page.

I have no idea what I just read. Yet another manga that I'll drop due to the translation, instead of keeping it until a decent group picks it up...
You can read it in high quality on official websites... Or just watch the anime

For the love of God if you are going to do a MTL at least put some effort into it, you will only make more readers give up on the series.

Missing Pages Reporter / Double Page Reader
Staff
Super Moderator
is that so? well sorry i don't know. i get the raw source from other website and then i checking the other site is same too. so, uhmm what i have to do? delete this chapter or let it be and fix the entire translate and add the missing page.
As the uploader you should be able to see a pencil icon next to the chapter you uploaded. That will take you to the edit chapter page. Once you are on the edit chapter page, there should be a button on the bottom left for "Edit Pages". In the page editor, you should be able upload new pages, re-order pages or remove pages and save your changes. It may also take a up to a few minutes for any edits to propagate.

If you have further issues or questions feel free to send me a pm or find me in the MangaDex Discord server and ping or dm me from there.

As the uploader you should be able to see a pencil icon next to the chapter you uploaded. That will take you to the edit chapter page. Once you are on the edit chapter page, there should be a button on the bottom left for "Edit Pages". In the page editor, you should be able upload new pages, re-order pages or remove pages and save your changes. It may also take a up to a few minutes for any edits to propagate.

If you have further issues or questions feel free to send me a pm or find me in the MangaDex Discord server and ping or dm me from there.
thank you very much. but better to change the image or just delete the chapter and the publishing again, which is more better?. because after read all the comment some people suggest to delete and then publising again. but i'm worry that gonna be break the rules. please can you tell me which is better. change the image or just delete the chapter and the publish again.

Dex-chan lover
Hey
Do you need a proofreader? If you want I can help you make it make sense, unless you don't want to continue. Just send me the raw translations and correlate them to the bubbles and I'll fix the sentences.

Banned
We're there missing pages? Felt like it had some missing even if you ignore translation. Ah well, thanks for the effort, definitely needs proofreading.

honestly not even near the worst translation I have read lol. Least text is an east font and format to read and the translation for the most part was understandable. Just parts that need refining.

Users who are viewing this thread