Eiyuu to Kenja no Tensei Kon ~Katsute no Koutekishu to Kon'yakushite Saikyou Fuufu ni Narimashita~ - Ch. 18 - Expectation and Promise

Supporter
20240703021114-39c47a0f-me.png

Time for some violence.​

Dex-chan lover
Unless it's a TL thing, it seems like kind of a leap in logic on MC's part to go "Teach said she could definitely make a contract? It's as if he knows the future..." here. Like yeah, he ended up being right, but I feel like in most cases that would just be assumed as a teacher believing their student had potential.

Also, when it comes to situations like this where someone goes "how dare you lose to (ridiculously powerful character)?", I kinda wish the response would just be to offer a duel to anyone else who was complaining. Because it could be that Rufus is by far the best summoner in the family and still worthy of praise, but just had a bad opponent, so if Elria was willing+able to shove anyone else in that family into the dirt, they could see that their daughter is actually still really good.

Dex-chan lover
Unless it's a TL thing, it seems like kind of a leap in logic on MC's part to go "Teach said she could definitely make a contract? It's as if he knows the future..." here. Like yeah, he ended up being right, but I feel like in most cases that would just be assumed as a teacher believing their student had potential.

Also, when it comes to situations like this where someone goes "how dare you lose to (ridiculously powerful character)?", I kinda wish the response would just be to offer a duel to anyone else who was complaining. Because it could be that Rufus is by far the best summoner in the family and still worthy of praise, but just had a bad opponent, so if Elria was willing+able to shove anyone else in that family into the dirt, they could see that their daughter is actually still really good.
Sad and bad thing with such parents and superiors is that they wont care, even if everyone else loses, the most talented (in this case Rufus) should need to win. They dont see or respond to logic. They only care about the point the results are not achieved, especially in this case because the mother things the reason is that Rufus lost because of her beloved dragon "spoiling her".

Regarding the leap in logic, that is more a context thing from the novel, where it was more clear that it would be something absolute regarding the statement of her future.
Also the Guardian Dragons were convinced with that too, wich is clearly an abnormal situation.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Looks like there will time-travelling shenanigans happening soon. Not in the bootstrap paradox sort of way, but most likely something like channeling magic power from a specific point in a timeline, may it be from the past or the future.

Users who are viewing this thread