Eleceed - Ch. 121

@miscacc Idk if you're against bahasa mixed english or not but that's pretty hurtful somehow

no one really use that term outside of Indonesia so putting that into your English sentence doesn't make any sense

Yes, people who don't know copas word won't understand what I meant (exactly copas). But I don't think it doesn't make any sense as chinese, japanese, korean term/slang/word (Asian language) are mixed with english translation. People who don't know chinese, japanese, korean are hardly using or knowing their slang/term meaning but tl group usually use it and people (readers) become more aware and used to those term, and somehow it makes sense to mixed those two different language into one sentence. I've read chinese novel in NU with word like benwang, bengong, wangfei, 'er, etc. mixed with english while the group also using consort and empress dowager for reasonable opinion. Also manhwa with their korean mixed english such as sseom, -ssi, -nim, hyung, sunbae, etc. And japanese mixed english/their own language that makes someone's branded as otaku if using word such as onii, -san, -chan, sensei, etc.

Supporter
The quality of this chapter is way better than the previous ones, thank you!

Oh. My god *screech* I love Kayden's smack. So much. Such a badass 😍 and I'm worried for poor sucheon. I hope his uncle can take care of him as much as possible. His dad sucksssss

I cheer every time human Kayden makes an appearance but he really needs to lay low. That last panel of Kayden and Jiwoo is just so cute. He's so proud of his student!

And I seriously pity Sucheon. Don't know how it will get resolved, but I hope he will get away from his abusive father.

Mr. Kang Soo for the win. He's officially one of my new favorites. He's very objective about the situation and actually praises Jiwoo for his skills and connections. He wasn't offended that Jiwoo beat Sucheon.

I'm low key hoping that Kang Soopil will be booted out from his position and Kang Soo will take over Baekdu. And hopefully, it will become an organization similar to Shinhwa and Union which are open-minded and wholeheartedly supports the unaffiliated.

uhh smol mistake they didn't saw it. it's not dalian event but sparring match
@Suiji01z i agree. But for some reason, google translates the phrase to dalian event in many instances.

I've been living with google translate for a while now, and there are times it was translated as dalian event. Dunno what that means.

Dex-chan lover
@winterflower18
I'm not against mixing languages, it just come to down to practicality. Translator have some leeway on mixing these language since most of the time they provide the English equivalent right on the same page or in the credits page. And since most of these phrases that are used constantly came up in dialogs, readers became accustomed and actually learned what it means. Another usage for it is if there's no direct translation to English which is common like the example you listed, sseom and san doesn't have English equivalent so using that word while explaining the intricacies at the end is the best way to tackle it.

What I'm referring in your case is that the word you used is not common and you didn't explain it as well. It just put the readability of your sentences to question. I'm not trying to gate keep language mixing, just trying to say that IMO readability comes at the forefront at what you are trying to convey.

Is noone gonna question how Kayden just appeared in a closed building? And seem to have a direct understanding of the conversation he was nowhere near hearing?

The quality of this chapter is much better than before. I respect the fact that you are trying to improve.

The art quality went up suddenly and all these good looks aren’t boding well for my heart ooof🥺

Also is Kayden like 7ft tall holy shit

kayden, ur appearing too much. ima get ptsd if this keeps happening. also, kayden is such swag

@riinflorida idk man... He certainly isn't as bad as his brother but he's also into some shady business with Robert and Dr. Dalein and stuff...

@Loonila205 True. But I think the Dr. Delein and Klein Brothers fiasco is spearheaded by Sucheon's grandpa and supported by Soopil. I think he got involved because he's basically second-in-command. I don't really get a vibe that he's hungry for power, nor fixated to the glory of Baekdu.

Users who are viewing this thread