Eleceed

I find mc really stupid and a lot of the plot is based on his mistakes, caused by his stupidity. Doesn't deserve a 9.

@U235 ok, so exactly what is a mistake of the main character? What has the main character done that was in excess of what someone else in his situation would do? I want to understand your viewpoint, but I'm not seeing what you're referring to.

@bigboy363

Let me point out a few that i remember on top of my head.

He took the awakened cat home after he knocked it out and instead of idk, restrain it and put it in a closed room? he carelessly put it on the sofa with an open window, waiting for it to wake up. Let's not forget it's a monster who could kill people if he gets out, but apparently mc did remember ten minutes later when the cat escaped. You know what happen next.

Knowing the cat is awakened and knowing the guy beating it (the Dr.) is awakened as well (I would say it's a really unusual situation), he doesn't even think 1 second they might be looking for it if he steals it and just walks with it in town like nothing happened going to the vet( and, of course, gets discovered). Then the cherry on top, he bring the cat to Wooin, even though the thing might go berserk and become a killing machine (You wouldn't bring back a rabid dog to its owner knowing it might bite them, right?)

He tries to rescue Wooin from the Klein Brothers, even though they are super powerful international criminals. What about a simple phone call to let everyone know he found them? No, lets just go fight and get almost killed.

He almost gets rekt by the patriarch of Baekdu because he can't even tell something is fishy when he asks him to "talk alone but with two body guards". Then Kaiden had to reveal himself and look where MC is in the last chapter (126) because the information got out.

Chapter 125: Ok, this is not only on him but also on Kaiden. First of all, he goes out of his way to kill the patriarch so the secret about Jiwoo being his disciple wouldn't get out, and a few chapters later, he reveals himself again to baekdu like nothing. Why would he do something so dumb? And why didn't he think about the fact the people who f*cked him up and are still looking for him might come after Jiwoo for being his disciple? It's really contradictory and makes no sense.

Each of those stupid choices has major repercussions, and he gets in life threatening situation but, of course, he luckily gets saved at the end, and he will 100% be saved this time as well (the classic manhwa cliffhangers).

Edit: It is also supported by his general attitude of being the over friendly simple minded guy during the entire story.

The shitty thing about those cliffhangers is that, after the 10th time, there is absolutely no emotion generated anymore because the result is so predictable. No one important will die and MC won't have any long lasting effect from being beaten badly.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Group Leader
@U235 ur not wrong. But see. There's a thing called scrollable mangas. You don't think, you just look and enjoy. I don't really think it's supposed to be all that serious a manhwa anyways. It's not plot heavy, just yet another twist on those murim manhwas, except modern and supernatural. The cats are cute, the faces are hilarious, the art is good, story isn't bad if you don't think too hard... That's what got the rating high, not because it has a good plot. Rather, try to name a manhwa that has high ratings because it has a good plot. Is there any at all? Even the plot heavy manhwas heavily rely on coloured art to carry them.

Honestly, I think manhwas are glorified art books (that are mostly traced). Doesn't stop me from enjoying them tho lol. Besides. Manhwa ratings should all be like -1 from what is shown anyways, in comparison to mangas. The average 9 manhwas are equivalent to most mangas rated in the 8s, same goes with 8s and 7s. They have an upper hand cause, again, colour.

@reanseih I agree with you that it's clearly the graphics that are put forward in manhwas. And, as you said, the rating of a manhwa isn't equivalent to a manga. The problem is, there is only one rating system for all so It's a bit disappointing when you expect a masterpiece and you get something worth a 7.5, only because people are rating it too high. The worst is, there are quite a few manhwas worth a 9, but just not this one.

Oh oh... they hurt the cinnamon roll and now daddy found out and is mad af. Someone's getting a solid beating soon.

Group Leader
@U235 I dunno. I don't think it's that bad. Probably just preference. Out of the manhwas, this was rather good. There's plenty less worthy 9s imo, out of them this probably one of the ones I agree with more. Like there's a 9.09 manhwa recently that author forgot what she was writing about by the third chap... Just the cats alone would be mid 8s for me. Just don't think too hard on the plot, it's not supposed to be one of those anyways.

Thank you for the update! This is by far one of my favorites!

Btw, why are people comparing Manga and Manhwa? They’re not the same and should be appreciated without comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread