Elf Deck To Senjou Gurashi - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Rematch

can we talk about how mc literally got gaea's cradle t1 and has been drawing elves literally every round

I sense a Black player coming up! Thanks for the chapter.
Oh wait, he's running orcs in it, so it'd be Black/Red.

Dex-chan lover
Elf leader confirmed as a villain. Collective punishment, check. Random and whimsical double standards, check.

Dex-chan lover
White facing the consequences of her actions! Yeeeeeaaaahhh!!! Her impulsiveness got more people killed and I'm guessing it's pretty normal for Masters to not like each other.

Fed-Kun's army
MC's demand about "cards that destroy all the positions of mono-green themed enemies" seems to be a mistranslation. After checking the raw, I believe it should say "monogreen's natural enemy, cards that destroy all encampments." Positions/encampments (陣地: jinchi) is what this game calls lands.
They were specifically asking for the land wipe cards used that removed Leo Forest Master's camouflage technique.

Dex-chan lover
@Porg
Except she's not paying the price, she's still alive and well. All the innocent people in the town paid the price.

The naga also attacked them. But when the naga women asked to be saved, and the elf leader was super enthusiastic about being good friends with them.

Dex-chan lover
Oof. I mean, most likely the elves wouldn't have won if MC hadn't waited that long, the bow certainly was needed to manage a safe win.

And: it was the white girl's fault for leaving her with so little resources.
Being the one at fault, and leaving the MC so absolutely crushed, she shouldn't have expected anything but for them to refuse to go back in unless they were in an appropiately advantageous position. It's their life that was at risk after all, it would be dumb to continue acting in kindness if there's an enemy that could easily wipe them after risking themselves once in the process.

The nagas at least did a gesture of surrenderer when they were forced into attacking the MC, even thought they were primed in the perfect position to attack and immediately kill him. Everything pointed at them not wanting to hurt the MC, and even if he did what they asked, losing their magic ruler (basically their strongest and biggest asset) and giving themselves to him certainly is a better show of goodwill and non-aggression than just "please help us out of the kindness of your heart, even though we want you to save our ruler who just fucking owned you without rhyme nor reason and left you unable to help the same people we want to help". She didn't even give him the cards when he asked FFS.

Yeah, a bunch of justifications, but there's at least some more possible, reasonable reasonings besides just "edge" or "inconsistent character"...though the body language (mainly the face being almost the same, and MC being so perfectly collected while doing all that and not actually verbally showing that's the reasoning).

Dex-chan lover
That was wonderful overkill, and I hope that dumb Saint bitch doesn't try to screw over the genderbent lead.

Dex-chan lover
that saint lives a colorful life. the only bloody thung she had was her monthly period, real blood bath like what happened here was for someone who had tempered their will to protect someone. for the saint, she didnt even had comrades or prepares a plan to defend themselves against such enemies.

in the first place, she was immature that she blames the mc for what happened there.

Dex-chan lover
Tbh while I do view the MC's decision as merciless and a lot of people died, I do believe the main one at fault is the saint. She charged in without looking at at the sitatuion and killed the elves helping and then got destroyed by the orc because she didn't review what was going on first. The reason people died is her fault and I also think it was smart for the MC to instead hold off and get more cards and wait before attacking again. Also I really do like how the MC doesn't trust the humans at all. It's smart because the humans of this world do mistreet non-humans and probably would stab them in the back if they were not in a weakened state.

I like this MC because they are thinking tatically and strategically and not just jumping in without thinking first like the saint, to always be the hero.

Thanks for tranlsating the chapter!

Aggregator gang
Alright, this is getting ridiculous. I'm not even talking about the questionable switches in moods of the main character, seeing as he had a reason to be pissed at the humans (saint), while having no reason to really help them overall.

The inconsistencies however are ruining this bad.

First, life. Seriously, does life even MATTER in this story?! It did...for a single chapter...First one. He even said that the 1/1 elf going against the 2/1 naga would die while killing the naga. That goes in accordance with the game this is based on. However, a 9999/1 is AS EASY to kill as 2/1, and ANY elf should be able to kill that packed-up goblin. It have nothing special. No trample, so his attack shouldn't do jack squat to anyone but his target (certainly not rend hundredths of meters of earth). He doesn't have first strike, so he should have no means of preventing himself being killed with a single blow, either. But his 1 life suddenly doesn't matter...

Second, forest walk. What the hell is with that immortality?! In the very first chapter it appeared, the elf said that it requires both sides to be tied to a forest (in the actual game, both sides need a 'forest' land in play). But goblins are 'mountains'. Humans are 'plains'. They are fighting mountain monsters on plains. THERE IS NO FOREST THERE. Forest walk should not work. At all. It should be totally useless, as it doesn't mean anything that the elves have a forest some distance away!

Third, tokens. The goblin dude depends on goblins in the graveyard. Cool. Except, their method of generating goblins is...by creating tokens with the cook and one other, I believe. Tokens...don't go to the graveyard. Never. They are removed from play. Basically, they disappear and don't count for ANYTHING. What does this mean?! This goblin dude should have maybe 15, max 20 attack. The amount of REAL goblins that he started with, ignoring all the tokens.

Seriously. The concept of this story is entertaining, but there's a limit to how ridiculous and inconsistent a story can be before even the best idea is just garbage. And I consider myself having a lot of tolerance for low-quality writing if the general concept is entertaining. But this story have inconsistency within several pages (like this forest walk) of each other, and it CONSTANTLY ignores the very concept of itself. The health stat is the most fundamental part of the card game and is what determines how MTG is played. This goblin dude, for example...he'd be crap without some way to avoid being blocked or attacked back (first strike, 'walk' skill, flying at the very least). But since his crap life is totally ignored here, there are several chapters of unnecessary drama...

Fed-Kun's army
@icekatze previous chapters have established that humans are responsible for murdering and/or enslaving nonhumans

Users who are viewing this thread