Elf Tensei Kara no Cheat Kenkokuki - Vol. 2 Ch. 8.2

Dex-chan lover
Those were likely not even soldiers, but conscripts. The one saying he had heard the armor was impenetrable implied he had never used said armor and only be told about it. Its only been 20 days, moving proper forces to a remote village takes time. Most likely a local noble rounded up men in a rush just for numbers.
Given the relative competency of the writing in this manga so far, I'm gonna doubt that one until I see evidence otherwise, chief.

Dex-chan lover
Given the relative competency of the writing in this manga so far, I'm gonna doubt that one until I see evidence otherwise, chief.
I mean, they just pushed forward blindly despite being clearly in a trap, and there was the line of him saying he heard the armor was impenetrable, so there is evidence that they are very green and sounds like he had never used said armor before. At the very least they are intentionally inexperienced. Fresh recruits, conscripts which doesn't really matter, point was they were untrained cannon fodder there for quantity.

Dex-chan lover
I mean, they just pushed forward blindly despite being clearly in a trap, and there was the line of him saying he heard the armor was impenetrable, so there is evidence that they are very green and sounds like he had never used said armor before. At the very least they are intentionally inexperienced. Fresh recruits, conscripts which doesn't really matter, point was they were untrained cannon fodder there for quantity.
Which brings me back to my original point: what a fricking useless bunch.

Dex-chan lover
I like how you guys are talking as if you are some army commander for your own countries XD
I'm not even surprised if some of you even run a gun store, judging by how you guys discuss about the armour and the weapons in such great detail lmao.
Some of us might also watch H.E.M.A and weapon/armor demonstrations. It's 2023. European martial arts, tactics, weapons and armor has become a growing trend of study. Shadiversity, Skallagrimm, and Metatron are a few examples.

So yeah. Just about anyone with internet and a smartphone can put the pieces together and really diss on how this manga depicts human foot soldiers.

Without spears.

Like, one of the cheapest weapons to produce. And a shield, literally something you can make with thin planks of wood, cloth and glue. Not great, but gets the job done. Even better with a boss. And more effective in a shield formation.

The romans would laugh at this human 'army.'

Users who are viewing this thread