Elf to Shuryoushi no Item Koubou

Dex-chan lover
This is very wholesome, but I'm bothered by the fact that the FMC looks too much like a small child. Could have at least made her look adolescent if you're going to imply she's 400 years old or something.

Double-page supporter
When I first saw the cover I thought father n daughter series but this series is still really good I’m enjoying it and yes I ship it

So wholesome :) sad life being an elf in a human's world. Everyone you know is like gone within what can feel like a year.

Aggregator gang
Its so cute but i hate elves with humans, the elf is just going to be sad every time (unless like an anti aging potion exists lol)

Double-page supporter
@Pokari a lot of these "loli" mangas are written by women, this one included. Look at them from the perspective of the girl instead of the the perspective of the guy, that might change how you interpret these works.

Contributor
@te-kun:

...I don't know what you got out of my old post but you seem to think I said something very different from what I did?

a lot of these "loli" mangas are written by women, this one included

Now, I don't care who it's written by, as much as I care what it is (There are nonetheless plenty of exceptions to this with regards to gender, here—sometimes cross-demographic authorship is quite interesting, and it often-but-not-always makes boatloads of difference in yaoi and yuri, etc...). But I'm quite cognizant of the fact that this one is more-or-less written from a female perspective, inasmuch as that is a thing. I mean, if you'd asked me the demographic just from my memory of the thing, I'd have guessed "josei"?

(Now, my impressions on that front may have been a little less distinct on that front back when the message was written because this was seven months ago and there were only two chapters out. I can't really recall with certainty.)

Furthermore, I never said anything about "loli" anything. I said "with reverse-appearance age gaps". That's not exactly the same as loli/shouta, even if that is always one concern to look out for in these cases, but I believe I was expressing something a bit different. (An age/appearance flip/flop is just as likely to be cover-up for the inappropriateness of having the other character, the younger-but-older-looking one, be in the relationship, for instance).

(If by chance you thought I was suggesting the addition of a "loli" tag because I said "Perhaps I should add a tag...", that's quite mistaken; I was talking about adding a "romance" tag—as per the second sentence. Someone else has, obviously, added it since then. Heck, if it wasn't me. I wouldn't remember at this point.)

None of which, none of which, would stop me from being scathing about this manga if I did think it was in bad taste, "female perspective" be damned. I mean, I don't let guys writing horrid shouta manga off the hook!?

But as it so happens, I happen to like this series. So, there!

Dex-chan lover
I require assistance, does anyone have any recommendations for a manga like this one? Thanks in advance

AND also, thanks Timeless Scans for providing this mesmerizing translation, love y'all 😘

Users who are viewing this thread