End of Goldfish Kingdom - Ch. 6

Dex-chan lover
... With how dark this manga is, I would expect a kidnapping, car accident or something else really cruel to happen somewhere along the way which would turn the world bleak again...

Aggregator gang
Ah...

I waited four years to read the next chapter of this. And it was worth it.

Fed-Kun's army
And so it continues.
The teacher really pulled through. I thought she would unable to come up with an explanation but she managed to make a convincing argument with pictures too. Can't wait to see where the story goes next.

Contributor
Thanks, thanks! Here's hoping the rest, of what there is completed, gets tl'd as well.

Dex-chan lover
Sheesh, blond kid, could you maybe shut the fuck up for a little while? She just got out of the friggin' hospital and you're trying to get her to starve herself to death again! Maybe wait till she's built her strength up a bit before getting back to the existential dilemmas.

Dex-chan lover
@Arlo
Same here.
I also like shrimp. As a pet.
I've already setup the tank.
Planted and cycled for a month just like the youtube tutorials.
But I can't get any shrimp because of the lock-down.
It's just a planted tank right now.
And it's Watamote that brings me to this manga.
ngrsjhz6xcq21.png

Dex-chan lover
Over the years, I've come to the conclusion that nothing is inherently good nor bad—it just is. Humans have their place in the natural world by virtue of being able to survive and evolve. Eventually, with an expanded intellect came great potential: potential for great good and potential for great evil. In a way, both are correct.

Aggregator gang
Thanks so much for picking this up! I think it's my favorite Imitation Crystal manga. The way the ongoing existential crisis is illustrated is just too good.
By the way,
if you don't like the blonde kid now you are gonna HATE her as the story goes on

Thank you! Mikaze mindfucks herself and causes collateral damage as usual. Teacher is adorable. The Last Supper reference was noticed. Great chapter! Besides, what "nectopenthes" term is formed from?

Dex-chan lover
@Mah_Buddy_Keith Taking a moral relativist stance is a cop-out and achieves nothing. Of course there is no *inherent* evil, nor *inherent* good, what is meaningful is how you define what is good or evil. Humanity's capability for both came from the ability to define each, because with reason comes the ability to act on reason. With that very capability, you have opted to equate ritualistic child rape with playing scrabble, because neither have objective morality inherent to them.
It's an absurd and pointless position, you absolve yourself of the responsibility of reason and with it forego the right to condemn or praise.

Dex-chan lover
@gronkle I believe that you misunderstand my position. While I am saying that humanity is neither inherently evil nor good, that does not mean that I will refuse to define actions as good or evil based on my own morality. Think of a loaded gun, as crude of an analogy as it is. Used negligently or in anger, it has the capacity to do a great deal of harm. Used competently and with a level head, it can be used to do a great deal of good, like saving lives if used in the defence of others. It can also be aimed at paper, displayed under a glass cover, or locked away in a safe and do nothing for its entire existence.

tl;dr: objects or things aren't good or evil, actions are.

Group Leader
@Yuu_Jin
A couple minutes of looking around seems to indicate that "necto-" is from Latin and means "bind", whereas "-penthes" is from Ancient Greek and means "grief", so "grief-binder"? There's apparently a genus of carnivorous plant called Nepenthes though, so that may be related as well.

Dex-chan lover
Welp, thought her friend gonna be positive with her change but she blasted her with some more shit, I hope she isnt a friend that keeps their friend stays miserable so she could feel better off or just for shit and giggles.

Users who are viewing this thread