Endo and Kobayashi's Live Commentary on the Villainess - Vol. 3 Ch. 10.1

I'm so happy for Bard!!! But seriously her mom is a champ, just imagine everything she went through to guarantee her and her beloved child will grown healthy and happy.... also good catch for the Lise's father on marrying quickly so his dying brother doesn't have to watch his liver and lil bro getting married.

No matter how you look at it, they may be militar focused, but also a really heartwarming family that protects each other.

Fed-Kun's army
So he was so weak he couldnt even move anymore... but she still wanted a child of him... surr she didnt ride hin to death? 😉 not that it would be the worst way to die

Dex-chan lover
Yeaaaahhhh I frickin knew it, she can marry Bard now :D

Also.. Lis best friend turned out to be her cousin ^^

The soon d'rey runs through their blood!

okay sad story and shit..... but wheres my soon d'rey goodness, i didn't come here for you to make me cry goddamit! wipes tears

Double-page supporter
I have to say I'm always wary of the settings where magic is restricted (in the sense the only who can physically use) to nobles. Not by itself, but mostly becouse it seems arbitrary, false.
A mean if a setting magic is restirected to priests and paladins, it's easy to contextualize into a form of Divine power.
If the restriction is that only noble can use it then tihs kind of contextualization is way more difficult, becouse informations are missings. There is a system in place that grant a title to commoners that develop the ability to use magic? There was a purge that eliminated the commoners with magic, so that the only one to keep the magic traits are nobles? What about other worlds countries? (assuming that the settings have multiple countries with differences).

The smae thing applies to the settings where magic users are present only in one country. Why that one? What do trigger the magic appearance? Location? What about descent? Have magic only the descendant of natives? Or also immigrants? What about border increase decrease? Are magic user appearance the same probability on the entire country?

A lot of other questions can be asked.
It's important to contextualize and give a proper shape to the magical system, and allowing understand on who and why someone can use magic is part of it. Now I don't ask a system where everything is planned down to the last spell, but a little of planning and consistency is nice.

In this case Finne can use magic becouse "surprise both of her parents were nobles". Me : GENIO! (In a strongly sarcastic tone of voice, (this is actually a quote from Boris a satirical Tv series about the italian televisive often nonsensical productions). Followed by a "Bestemmia"

Note it may also be avoidable to tell everything to the reader immediatly. It can be taken slowly, in some cases it's possible for the characters to actually discover some "occult past" (in sense of hidden, secret knowledge) that made the country magical system as is, togheter with the reader.

Settings were there isn't a precise distinction have a lot less problems in this sense (a couple of examples, magic need precise knowledge that most commoners can't afford, so very few or none commoners can use magic directly, or noble families are a way higher chance to have magical descendant respect to commoners (without other infos I would suspect nobles families tending to marry eachothers when not directly inbreeding ) )
However even them can use a bit more of planning on the systems (not only magical systems) to be a more differents and stand up more

Fed-Kun's army
damn I'm sorry for saying this is a shitty game, the plot is actually pretty good

So l half right that her mother was indeed a noble who ended running away from her home to protect Finne & not get arrange married off.
I knew that Finne was somehow going to endup being a relative of Lise (since that's just how things go in mangas a lot of times), but since Bard is only a branch family member the chances of them being direct cousins is slim at best, so l guess the ship still gets to sail.
Also now Bard can easily get together with Finne since she is tecnically a part of the main family being the daughter of the guy who was originally going to become the head of the family.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, so not royal and not entirely a bastard. I was wrongish. A duke's daughter, though not an officially recognised marriage.
That is a bit of a premise-destroyer there.

Dex-chan lover
So knight guy has a justified reason to marry Finne.

Since Lise-tan is going to marry the prince, and Finne is actually the rightful heir to the duchy being the daughter of the firstborn. While the arranged marriage with Lise sisters was done because one of them would have to become matriarch of the Duchy.

I guess knight can have his cake and eat it too.

Users who are viewing this thread