Epic of Gilgamesh - Ch. 127.5 - Epilogue

Amazing. Love the idea of having several protagonists with story behind each one. Clarifies why things were left hanging in the end.

Can't wait to read all of them.

Good Luck, stay healthy and happy, author!

Dex-chan lover
only thing I have to say to the author is if anyone tells you a story has to be thought out or characters have to be one way or another have them look up Akira Toriyama man has several stories that have netted multimillion dollar gross in revenue and he never thinks about whats going to happen in the next chapter till he starts doing it

Dex-chan lover
It's amazing how all this mess makes sense now. "I was just writing an introduction/prologue to the world" has to be one of the shittiest excuses I've had ever read to justify the mess this story ultimately is. No, that excuse does't fly when we have people like Brandon Sanderson who created a universe way more complex than this one and every single one of his work stands on its own and connects to the rest of it without any issue.

Fed-Kun's army
If you as the author need to tell the audience why the story was written in such a stupid way, you have already failed at being a good author. The moment you are justifying yourself to the audience in such a manner means you should completely redo how your creative process works.

@Tych
Toriyama's stories are not ambitious in their scale, and Toriyama makes his works in a very easy to digest and predictable manner that unless you love non stop action isn't interesting to read. Is it okay to like Dragon Ball? Yes. Is Dragon Ball well written? In an easy to digest format meant for 12 year olds, yes. Is Dragon Ball a complex plot? No. Well written =/= complex, but the author of this work self-admitted he wanted a giant rotating narrative with multiple main characters, and you can't do that without forward planning.

A good example of an author having such a well-written interconnected plot happens to be Oda for One Piece. Oda can leave a plot point resolved enough to let the story continue (OP crew convincing Laboon the whale to stop hurting himself) but leave it open enough to be referenced hundreds of chapters later to gain more context (Brook being found and the crew Laboon is waiting for turning out to be dead). The author of this work fails miserable to do the same regard as he will wantonly introduce plot points and not come even close to even temporarily resolving them. He won't give even a temporary satisfying resolution to anything that happens before moving on.

SDK

After this chapter, I have to really like this manhwa now. The author fucked up and he realised it. Reading what he wrote there, it seemed like he was confused and was using this manhwa as a medium to try a different approach than using the usual methods he was taught to do. It definitely isn't perfect but doesn't seem like it was actually meant to be.

I wouldn't judge the author on how this manhwa was but what he will bring to the table with his next series. Not everyone can start off with a holy grail of a story.

Fed-Kun's army
@Tych
Off the top of my head
No progression to the Hadar's sister subplot, instead, he somehow is convinced by his own flashback and not someone else to stop caring about the sister and do his own thing.
Eastern conflict was set up and dropped instantly like the author introduced it too early
Demon prejudice/war conflict including Tink mentioned and dropped
Secret cult that is lead up to be the major bad guy for the majority of the story is blackmailed and destroyed in the last arc with no major conflict from the leader and minimal resistance from the members, we still don't know what the fuck their deal was other than "study magic" and "capture Ram" and why they gained so much followship and fanaticism
Said cult is immediately captured after this and just shares it's research nonchalantly
End of the world never properly explained other than as a plot device to kill Ram
Ram starts plot dumping his past in the last few chapters in disconnected and barely fleshed out stories (meeting first knight, Notch beginning, all these hyped up things concluded in one chapter each)

@Chrona
As mention in this chapter, he set it up to be from multiple characters points in the world meaning that there is a higher possibility that those characters plots will be picked up in future series than those plots being dropped and left alone... honestly i'd say it'd be best just to wait for the future. (please excuse my lack of punctuation)

Fed-Kun's army
@Verrone
And if you read my post before that one, the fact the author had to explain why everything was so shitty showed he had no ability or capacity to do the task he wanted to do properly. I also gave an example of someone doing the exact same thing he wanted to do (Oda of One Piece) and managed to no be an utter failure about it. Him trying to explain away why his plot structure was shitty doesn't make it less shitty.

Holy shit I've never seen so much complaining for no reason than on this manhwa's chapters. The strength of this series has always been (to me at least) it's world. Always hinting at something more, but not delving further. This prologue was used to set up the real protagonist of the story; the World. Complaining about "loose" threads is dumb. It's impossible to tie everything when your telling multiple life-stories spanning centuries. This was as self-contained a story as a story about an immortal could be. And frankly it doesn't have to because this is just a prequel serving as a link to everyother story that's gonna be told from now-on. Setting up threads that are gonna get explored later is not bad as long as they're not the main story.

Users who are viewing this thread