Eromanga Sensei

Dex-chan lover
@ryouhira no. i don't really read any articles about anime since i watch only some select few. i'm mainly more of a manga guy.
and i'm not really upset. sorry if it came across that way. the inseki/incest thing doesn't really bother me since ppl mix them up all the time. it's just that i can't understand why ppl condemn relationships between middle and highschoolers. they're like 2-3 years apart and not blood related whatsover. romance between step siblings is frowned upon where i live as well, but it's japan and a freaking comic.

Power Uploader
Literally a masterpiece, fuck all the "Incest is bad!!" whiners

Sagiri best girl

@Galder True tbh. This is nowhere near Yosuga no Sora and OreImo kind of incest. I don't even know why people say OreImo is better than this. This is like the fluffy kind of incest.

@Indestructible_PENIS the author only targets the people who likes this type of thing and we can clearly see a lot of people like this type of content considering the ln's had over 14.5 million copies sold, so the only thing i don't get is....why are you here? cause based on speculations you're not the type of person the author targets as his reader.

Dex-chan lover
@IAM1013 i dunno if you wanna be a bad troll or whatever, but this is called "inseki" (step-siblings getting it on - except they probably won't anyway). any kind of real incest needs them to be bloodrelated which they aren't in this setting.

@Galder logically it isn't incest, but laws have a different kind of perspective. As long as you do it with someone that you call family, especially if it's your step sis/bro, even if you aren't related by blood, it's still incest cause law says so.

Dex-chan lover
@IAM1013 well, not in japan. and that's the whole point. cause there he can go all-out with them marrying, which was legally impossible in the oreimo setting. and rumors have it that that was the reason he wrote this story in the first place. cause some ppl apparently disliked him playing chicken when oreimo ended.

@Galder I see. So This isn't incest.....nice. but wait, Oreimo is incest. They're blood-related right? Even if they're blood-related they can still marry each other?

Dex-chan lover
@IAM1013 i wrote "possible" instead of impossible by mistake.
eromanga-sensei --> no blood relation --> marriage legally possible --> inseki
oreimo --> blood brother and sister --> marriage impossible --> incest
as a side note, cousins can still legally marry in japan, this may be considered incest in other countries.

Heres the deal. I love sisxbro romcom,I also love oreimo, but this one is just dead boring... I had to skip whole arks cause nothing was happening at all, they were constantly beating the same bush after volumes.... Terrible story...extremely slow progress, mediocre art. Not the story or the art had any significant depth to it.
I rly regret investing time in this.... not something I say often....

Thank god, I slogged through this. Maybe I will check in another five years to look whether anything ever went anywhere.

Yes, this is a slice-of-life. They are not supposed to really have story per se. But then, at the same time it wants to be a drama with arcs? How is that supposed to work? The answer: Not very well.

In a scene in a drama something always changes about the characters. That does not work in a slice-of-life, where the status quo has to be upheld. And it shows.

If this MC were anymore dense, than he already is, he would collapse into a singularity heavier than the center of the universe.

Also: Easily one of the most cursed combination of theme-tags ever. Surprisingly civil nonetheless.

Dex-chan lover
@dueldu well, two out of the three theme-tags are wrong anyway. no harem cause he clearly has one love interest and decidedly shot down the others already. and more importantly no incest since they are step-siblings. mangadex can't be arsed to make an "inseki" tag i guess.
you can debate whether a middle-schooler is a loli or not, but some people judge by looks, disregarding age.

Users who are viewing this thread