Erotic × Anabolic - Vol. 3 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
Mangaka out here trying to help all us gremlins out here on our computers

Also would like to sincerely thank the translators for doing the past couple chapters cause they've been some behemoth sized essays

Last edited:
Fed-Kun's army
Based deadlift enjoyer.
5gc8wb.jpg

Dex-chan lover
Deadlift is considered an advanced exercise that poses a fairly high risk of injury.

If you're a beginner, hip bridges are the way to go.

Also the artist has a fetish for Improbable Hips, which is weird cause her hips are normal when seen from the side or behind.

Dex-chan lover
Deadlift is considered an advanced exercise that poses a fairly high risk of injury.

Also the artist has a fetish for Improbable Hips, which is weird cause her hips are normal when seen from the side or behind.
Or even on page 25 in the sketches.

Dex-chan lover

Deadlifts are a stable in pretty much every serious beginner weightlifting program, like Starting Strength. I would hardly call it an advanced exercise.

Dex-chan lover
Gah. Page 25 is everything that's wrong with this manga. The sketches show that that artist knows what a human body is supposed to look like, yet they insist on drawing the FMC as Chamber. It's so goddamned frustrating.
Yeah I totally agree. This is such a weird manga, it's ostensibly about diet and exercise as well as drawing the human form, but the main muse has such freakish proportions that it's totally immersion breaking and makes you doubt the validity of the exercise info.

Dex-chan lover
Deadlifts are a stable in pretty much every serious beginner weightlifting program, like Starting Strength. I would hardly call it an advanced exercise.

Completely ignorant here, but does "serious beginner weightlifting program" equate to "casual person who wants to learn how to exercise"? I imagine the former is already in somewhat decent shape to begin with, unlike our little lady of culture who sprained herself picking up what a box that couldn't have been more than 10 lbs.

Also, exercise programs for men and women may vary.

Dex-chan lover
It is advanced for individuals who are completely new to weightlifting, and likely lack the requisite mind-muscle connection.
And even then, it tends to have a higher risk of injury for even trained individuals.

If your goal is the strengthen the glutes, hamstrings and lumbar, there's safer alternatives with more gains such as hip bridges and hip thrusts.

If you want to get good at deadlifting or compete with deadlifting as your event then deadlift.

Edit:Especially since Kokoro-senpai has hyper-lordosis. Hip bridge movement would do better for correcting the hyper-extension than going into deadlifts.

Edit2: I checked on how she injured herself again and it was basically a raised deadlift position. No deadlifts for her until she figures out the muscles to use.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Completely ignorant here, but does "serious beginner weightlifting program" equate to "casual person who wants to learn how to exercise"? I imagine the former is already in somewhat decent shape to begin with, unlike our little lady of culture who sprained herself picking up what a box that couldn't have been more than 10 lbs.

Also, exercise programs for men and women may vary.
Just speaking from personal experience here, the most important thing to beginning any exercise is injury prevention by properly performing the exercise.

Big part of that is proper mind-muscle connection; the ability to move your body or specific muscle groups the way you want it to.

For most people who are not active, that's very difficult.

Kokoro-senpai would benefit more from hip-bridges imo, since the top of the movement is similar to resting on her back with her knees raised. This would force her lumbar into a more natural position.

That's not saying deadlifts can't work, but it'd require her to pull her shoulders back a bit, to correct her upper posture in order to correct her lordosis.

If I was training her, I'd have her do hip-bridges until she's used to activating her glutes and hamstrings first, then progress to a regular deadlift and have her focus on activating her traps to correct her upper body posture. That way she's at least familiar with how her glutes and hamstrings should feel when she's using them, so she would only be bracing with her lumbar instead of lifting with it.

Dex-chan lover
I would probably do light rdls first. This helps teach the body the hinge movement required for the deadlift.

Also afaik the word dead comes from a dead stop.

Dex-chan lover
It is advanced for individuals who are completely new to weightlifting, and likely lack the requisite mind-muscle connection.
And even then, it tends to have a higher risk of injury for even trained individuals.

If your goal is the strengthen the glutes, hamstrings and lumbar, there's safer alternatives with more gains such as hip bridges and hip thrusts.

If you want to get good at deadlifting or compete with deadlifting as your event then deadlift.

Edit:Especially since Kokoro-senpai has hyper-lordosis. Hip bridge movement would do better for correcting the hyper-extension than going into deadlifts.

Edit2: I checked on how she injured herself again and it was basically a raised deadlift position. No deadlifts for her until she figures out the muscles to use.
Starting Strength is literally a program specifically made for individuals with no prior experience in weightlifting that needs to build some basic strength, core strength, isometric strength and to condition the neural pathways before moving on to a more advanced weightlifting program that fits your personal goal. It's literally there to give you a foundation. And deadlifts are a stable in this. It's in fact a stable in most beginner programs. Stronglift 5x5* uses it as well for an example. Calling it an advanced exercise is BS. It's great exercise for a complete beginner.

Dex-chan lover
One of of the things I always find interesting is how the Japanese say to lift with the hips while Americans say to lift with the knees.

It makes me wonder if its a cultural, health, or regional thing.

Tho realistically I guess both countries simply came to different conclusions on how to tackle back injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread