Ester de Valonia - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Author holding an Overlord novel in his hands: "You made this? ... I made this."

Will keep reading but the author better make good use of the MC being a human.

The time went kinda fast. Like a minute went by in 1 page so does that mean the time sped up or the mc wasn’t paying attention?

I hope he searches for means to gain personal power such elixir or something. (But deep down inside I know he won't...)

The description of the game makes it sound insanely fun and the dude mentions it as a main reason as to why people don't play it?

Aimless? No story or "progression"? Did he ever play Aurora 4x or Dwarf Fortress? Although this sounds more on the level of Aurora4x but fantasy.

@alifalfarras
As the saying goes, those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones. Overlord's world is quite literally a ripoff of D&D. The author just filed the serial numbers off the Forgotten Realms campaign setting and threw in an MMO backstory (the nine tiers of magic are lifted right from D&D. Super-tier magic is just epic magic with a different name. Spells like Detect Magic, Gate, Dimensional lock (etc.) got snatched without bothering to change their names or the way they work. There's waaay more... it goes down to even arbitrary details. For example, platinum dragons in D&D are good by nature... sound like a certain Platinum Dragon Lord in Overlord, by any chance? What a coincidence!). So yeah, there's no use mentioning originality here

Dex-chan lover
Ok seems interesting, felt like overlord but the mc is actually weak, my only complain so far is the mc's design, it's so generic, might as well call him middle age kirito with a jawline

Users who are viewing this thread