Ever Green - Vol. 4 Ch. 23 - Evergreen (Second Half)

Dex-chan lover
finally, it ended. I recalled reading the first translated chapter years ago tho needed to reread now.

Group Leader
Jumping the shark is an understatement when it comes to this manga lol. When I think of the crappiest ending ever in anime/manga, I think of this manga. Solely because the ending made me feel like I wasted my time. I went in expecting a heartbreaking drama. I left with FIREFLIES ARE MY DAD OMG WHAT A TWIST!!!
Great art, great drama, axed series, ghost fireflies. Dammit. And it had such a strong start.

Honestly one of the worst manga I have read in a while. This person wrote Toradora and Golden time. Then just creates this garbage.....

Dex-chan lover
How high would you need to be to see a firefly and say "oh my god, that's my dad!" ?

I remember the rage when I read this. Great plot, great initiation, but crappy ending. It is like a troll manga, born just to annoy the reader.

When I first read it, I expect great thing since it is from the creator of Toradora and Golden Time, 2 maser pieces. But I guess nobody is perfect.

Aggregator gang
Damn. Imma cry again.... Mangadex... Why dis you upload a chapter today? :'(

One of the worst endings I’ve read in a while. Started out well and the ending just ruined it.

Edit 1: @zerio might have been a while since I last read this... Agree with your explanation, ty for clarifying.

I have no doubts in the artist's talent in creating good, compelling stories, which is why I'm so curious as to why this ending was chosen. What are the circumstances that lead to this tragedy. Outside pressure? Artist faced some sort of real life difficulty? I want to know.

I don't exactly want incest in this manga, but even so this ending feels somewhat unnatural.

Her throwing up doesn't even make logical sense. To puke at something means you have an uncontrollable psychological cue that forces you to hurl. Seeing a corpse for the first time could make you puke. I don't understand how being shocked by information can make someone show that sort of physical reaction. In the first place, people don't find siblings attractive mainly because of the environmental factor of growing up very close to each other. Theoretically, if someone unknowingly sleeps with his/her sibling, and then afterwards they realize what they did, then it would be an "Oh sh!t What have I done..." moment. Not a puking moment. I'm not saying I think incest would make this a better manga.

I feel like this was just the author trying too hard to go down the safest ending (the least 'controversial' ending). Even though characters that make mature decisions are considerably more realistic in manga, this result feels contrived and fake to me.

Dex-chan lover
@SturgeonsRevelation
he isn't just a sibling though. He is someone she hated so much that she wanted to kill. Yet she had been having fun with him, as couple no less. So i guess the throwing up is like feeling disgusted on herself.

This is way too controversial... Was the writer trying to go a different route? The manga had a great start, characters kicked off well but why must it twist into a sort of incest? It's just too complicated

Not saying though situations like these don't happen irl, I guess they tried to put some 'reality' like accidental/unknown incest due to that?

Group Leader
Honestly, I'm not as passionate as the other comments here but the disappointment is really huge nonetheless

Aggregator gang
Damn, I forgot what hot garbage the manga community was for a second, then I saw this comment section and all it's invertebrates.

While it was sadly rushed, I still very much enjoyed it. And im glad they ended up together and in a relationship in the end, although secretly lol.

Users who are viewing this thread