Everlasting God of Sword - Ch. 50 - Breaking The Formation (1)

Group Leader
Trashscanlation as it had become deserved the hate and shitstorm they ended up in because of Dru.
However, I'm surprised there's still enough hate lingering around, since Dru already stepped down, I thought things would go back to the good old days of trashscans, the time where they pushed forward quality chapters to follow in the steps of the beacon of light that is allen.
I didn't think it'd stick that much to them, I'm not active in groups' Discord (and discords) and I don't see them on MD's either.

I hope things can sort themselves somehow and see trashscanlations and their followers find the good way again :)
By the way, this upload hasn't been assigned to trashscanlations by the uploader apparently.

@Shyning Man, it been about a year since Allen passed on his work to Trashscans, but it feels like it been five years. I miss popping on Allen's site for the new chapters. I hope they pull themselves together and shake off the hate.

As for Dru, what did he do again? I feel I remember hearing his name, but don't remember what he did.

Please ignore those hateful people
Most of them are just keep demanding things while they are doing nothing themselves towards it, not to mention donation.
There are many people cheering for you guys even though they seldom express it

Group Leader
Nice talk but in the end you get donations have have a certain responsibility to deliver now. It might have started as voluntary work, but like all big groups that get donations, these times are over.
People expect big groups to release fast and groups that have a good work mentality are liked more, this generates more donations which helps the group.
Best example is Allen, his release times are insane which got him a lot of followers that like him.

@shyning

That's a bit foolish to not think the hate would continue well after 1 person stepped down.

I mean, first of all. Dru wasn't the "symbol" for people's hate. Trash was. As he was representing Trash.

Second of all, one person stepping down doesn't change the fact that the rest went along with it.

An implosion was inevitable. Which would only bring more hate, since it meant series people loved would end up being handed off to other groups that could take the load. And of series that weren't dropped, it likely meant a much longer wait for releases.

To a certain degree, the hate after the implosion was basically a self-fulfilling prophesy. Something that couldn't be avoided no matter how skilled the next potential leader was.

The end goal now is to pick up the broken pieces, rebuild bridges, or close shop.

Closing shop seems more likely to me in the long term.

Thanks for the chapter

No idea what the drama is about.. I just read on here and comment every now and then. Curious what all happened.

Contributor
a Bit disagree with Shyning
Dru is human trash, because of him many staff split apart and makes a new group before him stepping down. He fed too many series than staff can handle.
and He's swindle many of readers crowfunding. That's makes TrashScans fell down.
Trash needs Leader like Allen, Simple but Productive

I have no hate for you guys. Keep the translation coming and ignore the haters who have nothing better to do.

Dex-chan lover
I'm under the impression that Trashscan as it is, is dead. And the people remaining are doing the stories they like doing under no banner.

I typically don't know what's going on with scan groups, but this is what I gleam from what has been happening with the stories they've had/been translating.
The idea of doing something you don't like doing is an enigma to me. Especially if you're doing it for free, or receiving minor restitution from fans of your work.

That aside, I'm glad you've chosen to continue a few of the previous projects. I hope you continue to enjoy them and your future prospects.

Dont listen to the haters you do a wonderful job and we are reading this for free so we thank you for your work.

Group Leader
@Animeknight Allen is back, if you hadn't noticed ^^

@TheOneWhoSighs "foolish", I mentionned I don't follow the groups drama nor their Discord, I have no idea about the hate they're getting there. Nor do I know who followed Dru in his endeavors, I just knew this character.

@Vasqueztion it looks like it, so far there's barely any uploads left and some of them got discouraged by the hate. At this point they could just make a new group with the people who still like doing it but wish to do so under a new, untainted banner. (or join another group)

Users who are viewing this thread