Everything Was a Mistake - Ch. 20

Woooaaahhh thanks so much for your hard work on the updates! 💞
I just realized that there's a lot of misunderstanding going on that makes the story interesting and confusing. 😅
A girl who just wants to escape death and pretty much oblivious of a guy who's a little psycho but is hopelessly in love with her.

i hope these misunderstandings get cleared soon aaaa,, also thank you so much for the chapters !!

I wish they would clear the misunderstandings already. If everyone was honest with their feelings, there would be no issues lol

I just have to point out a translation error cause its really important. By no means can the ML "read thoughts". He can "sense" people's feelings. Like for example, he can sense when someone feels hostility, malice, or friendliness towards him. Although he can't directly read people's mind, he can find out what's on one's mind by hypnotizing them to say it to him.

I might be the kinda alone in this, but actually feel terrible for him.
He didn’t have anybody by his side since he was born, not even his precious friend was on his side.
She was upset that the other girl was using him, but she did too. To this point I don’t think she saw him as friend as she claims to. She stuck all this year by his side because she wanted him to remember she was the only one who knew him and that’s all really. I don’t believe she ever cared about him as a person and never tried to understand his side what so ever.
She new he is been abused, but that’s just an after thought to her.
I don’t understand what is the author getting at with this female lead.
I guess it’s a story about Nocton thinking he had somebody who cared about him, and cling to that person, when in reality she never cared.
I never came across at such a passive character, she thinks that being in a room or not being in a room it’s enough action.
She doesn’t push answer from Nocton, she doesn’t investigate him at all, same about her sister, she had no clue what’s going on with her sister who lives just with her .
Ok I’m just confused about this female lead who just panics and goes to sleep and now is grounded.

End of rant
I know this story about miss understanding; but this is just not it.
I’m of course will continue reading haha
Thank you so much for the mass update!!!

Thank you for the massive release! Though I still woukd like to see the translation of the onomatopeias too... rsrsrsrs

Wow I was quite surprise honestly. The start was cliché (well like every reincarnation type of story as of late) but it started to get better and better !
I really like the vibe of this one which are a tiny bit darker.
And big shout-out for releasing so many chapters !! Thank you very much !!

@Jedendvatri Thank you for this amazingly on-point comment. I don't think these commentators understand what is at stake and the fact that they're all missing very important pieces of the puzzle.

Alice saw Nocton using black magic to control his family and the people around him but her gift is flawed because it only showed he's a threat (like in the original story) but not that he was protecting himself from assassination. There's no way she could guess there's more to it because it looks really bad right now and usually people become duke outside the succession line out of greed not out of self-preservation.

Alice's visions end up aligning perfectly with the story Duroa read. Duroa doesn't realize her willing friendship changed the Nocton from the story into one who is receptive to love. But Nocton has always felt the need to test her since Duroa acts differently from his other mind control subjects. He doesn't know Duroa is currently (lol) immune to most magic. Duroa makes him think she isn't immune because she weirdly does everything he wants and ignores all his bad behaviour. She does all that because she's trying not to be seen as a villainess by the main cast.

And through all those 10 years, the two of them actually grew close and ended up liking each other but all that becomes meaningless since Nocton never realized Duroa wasn't under black magic and Nocton' s antics truly hurt the Duroa who ended up liking him.

Exactly how would you talk it out with a proven black magic user who seemingly without cause brainwashed his own family and coldly killed off your character in the original just as a means to an end? How would you talk it with someone who kills just for political gain?

Is he going to confess or what? Boy I need you to step up your game 😎.
Also, thank you for the translator group 💙

Group Leader
OMG???? Thank you for the mass release. I binged on this right away.

At first I thought it was going to be a cliche romance, but it read as a mystery instead. I was on the edge of my seat.

Edgar fits the bill for an asshole ML but I can see they’re slowly trying to redeem his past actions by adding explanations. But I totally agree with Duroa that people who loves another doesn’t act like that.

I mean just because you’re possessive or obsessed over a person doesn’t mean that it’s love.

Am I the only one seeing blurry images... it's killing me not being able to read the end of chapter 20 please fix this it's annoying! Thanks for the updates but this is the 5th one I've read with blurry images so I'm rather frustrated.

Contributor
@MangaFreakOtaku:

For what it's worth, I'm not seeing blurry images. They're all crisp as an early spring's morning. So, unless things have changed in the past half-hour, it may not be something the uploader can fix. Something on your end or mangadex's...?

Edit: I just checked and these images are in the jpeg format where, halfway through loading, they'll be blurry versions of themselves. (This has to do with how JPEGs are encoded which is actually really fascinating and mind-boggling stuff, but that's not important now)

Almost definitely what's happening is that—for some reason—your connection to the image servers is flaky and it's giving up loading the images halfway through and calling them "done". (I don't understand under what circumstances Mangadex does this vs. giving the red message box for a failed image load, but it's definitely a thing that happens—I say as someone with much experience with flaky internet on mangadex XD).

Users who are viewing this thread