Everything Was a Mistake - Ch. 29

So wait what was the significance of January vs December? We already know Noctons powers don’t work on Duroa so it can’t be alluding to her being brainwashed

Uhm... Does anybody knows why Nocton's mother doesn't like him? She acts like he's someone else's kid. Or is he really someone else's kid?

Dex-chan lover
@Ushika it meant Nocton hadn't mind control her when she started to Like Nocton, she liked Nocton a month earlier.
Only way afterwards- he mind controlled her after Nocton met Duroa.

Double-page supporter
I'm still confused why Nocton's mother acts the way she does. If she's just a typical evil mother or smth well I guess that solves my confusion

Thanks for the update A Parody scans team

Aggregator gang
My monke brain is too dumb to understand all this now 🐵

What the f is wrong with his mother, why she wished her son downfall tho? The whole duke family is really strange

this chapter was an improvement because MC had more personality. unlike aaron and alice who are as interesting as watching paint dry.

Wild idea, but what if what Duroa remembers in the novel about the past isn't true, and what if what Alice sees in the future isn't true? lmao then the entire misunderstanding situation is infinitely worse >_>

So MC might have some incorrect memories? Which is strange since she drank the potion that was supposed to give her perfect recall.

I don't understand his mother at all. She seems to hate all her sons, which makes no sense since only they can inherit the dukedom anyway. You would think she would want to be close to them so she can live in luxury forever. She has such a hate boner for Edgar and I literally cannot see why. Isn't their dark magic hereditary? Its her and her husband's own fault that he has it, if thats why they don't like him.

For anyone that doesn't understand: the mother is working with somone else (a dark magician) and has her own plan. Duroa's memory is fucked up, which shouldn't be possible (even if Nocton's brainwashing had worked on her) because of the potion she drank.

i cant tell if the story is bad, the translation is off or it’s a combination of both.
this story is probably the most unnecessary complex plot for no reason other then the author is trying to extend the story.

Hmmm, that is curious how the countess is planning to kill the emperor there - even more so since Nocton's 'novel' plan was to make him his puppet via magic. I guess he got rid of his family there and decided to do more or less the same - usurp power in the empire
But I really hope she is prepared for triggered Nocton since she also decided to grab FL along the way, so it will be interesting

Users who are viewing this thread