EX-ARM - Vol. 4 Ch. 25 - Destroy Ego

Lol, it ended with berserk mode? Will it continue with berserk mode next chapter? How many second that eva can move without umbilical cord?

@JeezyHungry @Vergift The UN soldiers (all Americans, in this case) got orders from a US general to drop the bomb on Yokosuka, destroying the whole district in the process. Yes, the goal was to neutralize EX-ARM 13.

They’re not covering up the corruption, however, because no one really knows about it (the protags know, but they’re aware it was Neville acting on his own).

The manga’s author isn’t the best writer (definitely has room for improvement), but their portrayal of the US is surprisingly spot on. The US is known for “shooting first, asking questions later”; going overboard (nuking Japan); involving itself all around the world, causing trouble in some places (Korea, Vietnam, Middle East); and manipulating international organizations (UN, NATO) for their own gain.

I don’t have a grudge against America, nor am I saying that it’s the greatest evil in the world, but it’s an undeniable fact that it has caused problems in the past because of it’s pride and ignorance/ego, or just plain paranoia.

It’s badass how Akira used NORAD to mess with Elmira’s GPS. This was foreshadowed in the flashback, at the start of the Chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Elmita was using NORAD for her power. He targeted NORAD with the hacking to send false telemetry to her resulting on teleporting Molau.

About the gps targeting, she need to access some device with gps connection (smartphone) to determine her target, how did she destroy some building and road without gps access?

@Angelopolagej
This manga is 2030 and we already have emp bomb right? Why the UN (the US) still use conventional bomb to "neutralize" some rogue robot? Maybe the author hate US?

Banned
Man this fight went from pretty good to a fucking bombshell in a split second, love it

Dex-chan lover
Does the plane carrying the bomb even have enough fuel to cross the pacific and reach NORAD central command in Colorado? Even if it does, that's a long trip, plenty of time to shoot it down. Its not like this place is nearby.
Why is everyone telling Akira to bail out? That robot is being controlled remotely. Its not like he is going to be hurt by it being blown up.

Dex-chan lover
he went full berserk. Also, that doggish look is Berserk-like (of course this is a different genre, more nice and sweet)

@SomeGuy1 NORAD isn’t the target. Akira just hijacked it through the military’s network in order to mess with Elmira’s GPS and use it against her.

They’re telling Akira to leave because the OGRE is a super expensive and advanced (one of a kind) piece of tech. It getting destroyed wouldn’t be the best option from a financial standpoint. Then there’s the relationship and trust between the EX-ARM Countermeasures Division and Iriya Heavy Industries.

Group Leader
I think they're mostly concerned with calming Akira down so that he won't fry his brain out.

Also, I think the NORAD thing was Akira basically showing the US and UN that they're not all-powerful. The chapter title is "Destroy Ego" and I think that's part of what was going on. They wanted to take the US down a peg. The general or colonel (or whoever he is...I'm at work and can't remember his name) on the plane totally freaked out and insisted that there was no way their government systems could be hacked...but Akira proved him wrong. His ego quickly deflated as he realized that he suddenly was not in control of the situation.

I don't think they intended to blow up NORAD or anything. It was just a show of force. A warning to not send anymore mega-bombs across the sea.

Dex-chan lover
Hmmmm why do I feel like I've seen this somewhere before...

And is that a big derpy robot?

NGL, him hacking the militarty to get access to the GPS cordnet system and then making all the wrong imputss. that was clever

Group Leader
I'm reuploading this chapter. While working on the next chapter, it became obvious that I mis-translated page 14 in a rather critical way. Please take a minute to re-read that page before you move on to chapter 26.
Basically, they didn't launch the BLU at NORAD. They were piggybacking off the plane's system in order to hack into NORAD.

Sorry for my mistake!

@Seacret4
@Angelopolagej
@SomeGuy1
@kuroro86
@setsu
@iseedrawnpeople
@Red225
@Mecha369
@JeezyHungry

@Talon13184 No problem. The initial translation wasn’t all that confusing to begin with, but undeniably a little misleading. It was impossible for the BLU to be carried all the way to Colorado.

The reason why I made a bunch of stupid comments is because I was overwhelmed by this Chapter. It was great and so many things were happening in quick succession that the excitement gave me one huge brain fart. It, later yesterday, became apparent to me what was actually happening.

Thanks for the hard work! Can’t wait to see how this ends and what the next arc is like.

Akira hacked a nearby military car and communicating with the aircraft flying above, entered into the NORAD system, since that aircraft was in contact with NORAD. There, he changed the satellites positions which misleaded Elmira who uses GPS coordinates to use her weapon. NORAD is the controller of GPS satellite constelation.

@Talon13184
Thanks for the correction.

The mc is dangerous if can hack almost anything, because he can wreak havoc if not controlled. That's why that police person in chapter 5 very afraid of him and seal the hacking ability. But the mc can hack into norad.
The berserk mode (maybe) unseal the hacking ability, and make his brain solving the "randomness" algorithm of the android attack, then hack into norad, mess with the satellites to lock the enemy weapon to attack itself. Basically he turns into quantum supercomputer in berserk mode?

Users who are viewing this thread