EX-ARM - Vol. 5 Ch. 28 - Wonderful Reality

Fricking CALLED IT!!! OGRE has an EX-ARM inside of it! It’s just weird that, in the “Olympic Terrorist Attack” flashback, Akira seems to have had a normal body, as opposed to a robot-looking one. Unless, of course, that was an android body, made to look like Akira. This would mean that he, as far as we can see, possessed EX-ARMs:

• No.00 - Brain

• No.01 - Torso?/Abdomen?

• No.11 - Right Hand

• No.12 - Right Forearm

Like the previous Chapter, I didn’t like this one too much. The only things that somewhat excuse the fan-service nudity and the humorous mood is that it’s all in Akira’s image and that there needed to be something more lighthearted to balance out the seriousness of the previous arc’s finale.

The Shiga/Kondo part was great. We got to learn more about Molau’s psyche, which is REALLY interesting. Back in 2026, Molau did mention the Bible to Leon, so it’s not far fetched to assume that he was religious (radically, even). The fact that Molau was atoning for his sins adds so much to his character. Seriously, I didn’t think that he’d be this interesting.

As for the mysterious girl. I take back what I said in the previous Chapter about her wielding an EX-ARM. I think she might not even be a real person, but Yggdrasil’s AI, manifesting itself in that form.

—————————————-
A bit of trivia/news for everyone: As of a few days ago, the series’ artist Komi Shinya announced that ‘EX-ARM: EXA’ (the sequel manga to ‘EX-ARM’) has concluded, with 2 Volumes and 14 Chapters (I assume, based on how many Chapters there are in this manga’s Volumes). This means that the series/story has concluded. I don’t know how I feel about a sequel the length of only 2 Volumes, but we’ll see what it’s like eventually. My only hope is that the series keeps the quality it showed it had thus far. Maybe ‘EXA’ will be as good, or even better.

well, the fly trap certainly caught something! Just not the twit they were thinking

Users who are viewing this thread