Eyeshield 21

Eyeshield 21 author Inagaki Riichiro is the creator of Dr. Stone. The main character in that series is very Hiruma-like.

Dex-chan lover
I "enjoy" this series; it's funny, competitive, and most of all it's about GD American Football... the problem is that I can't help, but feel that it s**** a lil bit on how the sport is, several results are too lopsided or incredible to happen, or regular simple plays that are given too fantastic explanations or OP skills. Anyways is that is a Manga afterall, it really fun, but with that bitter aftertaste after following Football for so long.

Dex-chan lover
This is a classic. I never really liked sports manga all that much, but this deserves its place amongst the greats. Predictable at points, but the characters and good writing really made it shine.

9/10, glad to have read.

I think one of the most interesting parts about ES21 is watching the evolution of Murata's art go from pretty generic to the iconic art style he's well known for today

Power Uploader
Volume 37 cover says "Thank you" but that's our phrase to say to the mangaka who did this. Thank you.

The first sports manga I ever read, I was so intrigued when chapter 1 was uploaded, having only ever read shoujo at this point, and was hooked instantly. I would go back to middle school after a weekend of reading and just blabber on and on about it to my friends and basically anyone that would listen. Recently gave it a reread and while some narrative points are not as strong as I thought they were, it's still a solid story and you feel like you grow with the mangaka as you read.

can you guys PLEASE fix the scans for chapters 166-170! seriously those scans are unreadable, at they span such an eventful few chapters too :((

Fed-Kun's army
It kinda hurts when Eyeshield 21 isn't mentioned when talking about Sports Manga.
Still my favourite Sports Manga of all time.

Jeez. The art for this manga is simply unreal. The fact that this manga is older than me adds to that.

I absolutely despise (American) football.
It is a worthless sport that drags maybe 30 minutes of action out into three hours.
For half the year my father would merge with the couch and bark at me to take his plate or bring him food.
The family schedule would entirely revolve around the television.
He'd miss me and my brother's actual sports games in order to watch these dumb men in padded suits claw all over each other.
I'd have to put on headphones to do homework because of all the blaring commercials.
It was the worst at Thanksgiving, because all the dads would force everyone who didn't watch football to clean up everything.

This manga is so good, I read it all.
But I still hope football gets banned for causing brain damage. :)

Users who are viewing this thread