Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest

@fercomir01 That's your opinion though it didn't fall , Not even just because of Alvarez Empire fiasco arc, Which was obviously rushed by Edens Zero so if you want to complain about Alvarez's treatment then blame Edens Zero for that , Hiro Mashima rushed the final arc halfway to create ( That ) space manga
This canon sequel is a huge improvement and Fairy Tail will keep coming back no matter what though.

It has a huge fanbase world wide and it gotten a canon sequel for a reason.

All the good arcs makes up for the bad arcs.

I apologize if I sound rude that's not my intention.

I'm also upset the way how the original manga ended up in the final arc halfway just like you guys. But now that's past ,

Let's hope the canon sequel manga keep going good to the very end.

Totally great explanation, I agree with how Fairy Tail was balanced between each arc and "boss fights", I wasn't a fan of how nakama power could explain almost every major power up, coming from Naruto endless training same as Bleach, One Piece or the power of a character like Senku in Dr Stone (thanks to his incredible intelligence and rationality). I mean nakama power is a great emotional element still used like it was in Fairy Tail it "screeches" to much against minimum rationality that's all.

If you think about the potential of Fairy Tail beginning from the first chapter: a whole new world and continents, countless of magic declination, variety of characters, back stories, all too gaunt. A great example in comparison could be Boku No Hero with its plethora of characters and personal stories / struggles, there are also here countless superpowers but even the weirdest ones have character and dignity (not to mention the excessive fan service which I like but used in quality not in quantity).

I could go on with other examples like HunterxHunter and so on but I think I've made my point, I'm just sentimentally attached to the story :(

THE BEST ANIME FOR ME!!! started to watch when I was grade six now I'm incoming college student and I finished watching the anime that's why fairy tail brought me here and there's a lot of stories that is worth to read.

Fed-Kun's army
Didn't even realize Hiro continued Fairy Tail, even if he is only writing it. All I ever hear about is Eden's Zero which looks like a ripe off of his own work. (I get thats just his style but still. He did the same thing when transitioning from Rave to Fairy Tail)

Is this worth reading? I never really enjoyed Fairy Tail that much but I finished it for arguments sake and Im a shounen junkie.

Edit: Welp, can't believe I got tricked into thinking Mashima finally took a writing class. At least for the first 20 chapters. This is even more fan servicey and as terribly written as Fairy Tail. I will come back to read the rest later but Im exhausted after reading that terribly lazy start. It seemed like it was getting interesting when the
water dragon
was introduced then nosedived when the
dumb "fifth generation" dragon slayers attacked

@maisonaustyn This canon sequel manga is a huge improvement Power of Friendship gotten a huge nerf , Power Scaling balanced , No bs Nakama wins it was just used once against a fodder it was the other early Nakama power not that other one

I highly recommend it! you won't regret it it's over billions of times beter than Alvarez arc!

Mashima is just giving the storyboards while the artist Ueda is doing the drawings

Edens Zero is pretty good too it's nothing like Fairy Tail except the early chapters they give FT vibes but later it becomes totally different aside of character designs

@maisonaustyn How did I trick you? it´s true the fanservice is still there in the begining but it died out in the later chapters

The fanservice isn´t that bad as the original , it is a improvement but the start is slow I apologize I forgot to say that

his writing has been good much better than Alvarez writing also the plot it will get interesting from now on from Ch 21

the start is just setup it wasnt that lazy in my opinion

Which parts was terrible?

@Chris000 It's much better than FT's final arc Yep it's a improvement , give it a try! it's a direct continuation after the original FT's final chapter

Dex-chan lover
Why is Wendy still flat af? In the alternative world she was very thicc!

I don't see where else you can go once you defeat the Dragon God or whatever the heck Acnologia was. I mean... realistically speaking, they'd have finished the main story of the JRPG and the secret superboss, so there's nothing else for them to really do. They've done it all, no?

Fed-Kun's army
@LittleLovableLoli: Acnologia wasn't a Dragon God. He was just human-turned-dragon because of his lust for power and became god-like. More accurate to call him an Evil Dragon than a Dragon God. Same with the current Dragon: He's only a God in his own mind.

In typical fantasy lore, knights and mages are the antithesis to each other. In this case, it's Dragons and Mages. So basically because of how the Dragons are designed, they are the bane of Mages and vice-versa. Fairy Tail never went Dragon hunting before, so this quest is the next step for them. Doesn't help there's a psycho mage out there who's on the same level as Zeref after them. So while it may seem like a step down (and in some ways it is), they're being pushed to their limits with this quest, bit by bit.

We're only on Dragon #2 and we don't know what will REALLY happen after they are defeated. I dunno, but ever since Chapter 1, something about this quest just doesn't feel right.

@LittleLovableLoli There is also the Dragon Eaters Knights those who Skull Dragon Eater wants to summon Mashima can extend the sequel a little more with them having back and forths with them interfering with the Dragon Gods and Team Natsu

We still don't know Diabolos Guild Master's powers

Users who are viewing this thread